ELEVEN

I was lone listening to my music and when I opened my eyes, my heart throbs rapidly. Jangjun's face is so close to mine. It's just an inch distance. I pulled back but he's following me. He literally plays with me until I got caught off-guard. "W-what are you..." His stares broke and dropped to my lips. I tucked my lips in and he brought back his eyes to my own eyes. "I know you don't want to be paired with me." I gulped, remembering that I was about to protest a while ago. "So do I, honey." He smirked. "W-we can tell it to our t-teacher." I blinked repetitively. I'm stammering because our position is so awkward. "Go protest by yourself. I won't help." He finally pulled himself away from me. I pant heavily. "I-I will ask the teacher to change it." I ran off towards the locker area. "What was that?" I asked to myself, breathing in some air because I feel suffocated.

I proceeded to the Faculty Room. I knock and went to my Music Teacher's table, Ms. Yoon. "Ma'am..." She turned to face me. "Yes, Ms. Ryu?" I pursed my lips because I am feeling nervous. "C-can I ask you about something?"

"What is it?" I rubbed my hands to tone down my nervousness. "C-can you change..."

"Ms. Yoon, here are the papers you're asking." Jangjun cut off suddenly as I speak. "Oh! Thank you, Mr. Lee!" He bowed towards our music teacher then glared at me out of nowhere. "What are you saying again, Ms. Ryu?" I bite my lips and took a glance from Jangjun, he left. "C-can you please replace Hakyung for the Annual Christmas Fair?" Her brows met in confusion. "I-I don't think I can do it." I bowed to hide my disappointment. I admit it, I wanted to be paired with Jangjun but as he said earlier, he doesn't want to be paired with me. I sighed. "Oh? Why don't you try?"

"Maybe I can have another partner?" I suggested and she looks convinced on what I stated. "Oh! Nice suggestion. You and Sewoon can do it then Jangjun and Hakyung." I smiled in relief. Probably Jangjun won't get mad at me when he hears this. "Thanks, ma'am." I bowed and she smiled at me. I dismissed myself quietly when someone dragged me out of the silent stockroom. He pinned me to the wall and covers my mouth, preventing me from shouting. I looked at him with a stun. He releases his hand from my mouth. "What did you say?" His cold stare is freezing me so hard, not abling me to answer. "I-I..."

"You what?" He grabbed my chin harshly. I felt afraid suddenly, making me cry in fear. "I said that Hakyung can pair you instead." I looked down. Trying to control my sobs but it's not working. Jangjun's grip loosens and his thumb caresses my cheek with tears. "I'm sorry for involving you in this situation."  I bowed, removing his hand away from my face and breaks our position. "I won't do it anymore. I won't bother you anymore!" I ran, wiping my tears. I washed my face and stare at it. "Please stop hurting yourself Sujeong," I whispered to myself.

❤❤❤

I came back to my class in a daze, thinking about the situation earlier. As I entered the room, Jangjun is the first person I saw. He's playing with his pen then his eyes dropped on me. I immediately changed my attention to my seat, acting like I didn't saw him. I walked towards my seat but Sewoon blocked my way. "Where have you been?" I looked at him and he's serious expression became worried. "What happened to your eyes? Did you cry?" He cupped my face, asking me softly. "I-I'm okay." He sighed. "You're lying again." He whispers. "Can't we talk about this for now?" He understands me, letting me rest on my own seat.