TWENTY SIX

The morning comes and Booseung's voice fills the whole house. "Sujeong-ah! Yah, wake up!" He called while shaking me. "Yah, go away! I need more sleep." I kicked him off. "Hurry! A parcel just arrived and it is for you." My eyes became wide open upon hearing the parcel word. I rushed down to the living room and gets my parcel. I took the note and it came from the person who gives me parcel when I was still on US. "Welcome back to Korea. I hope this gift will make you smile." I opened the box and a pair of earrings surprised me. It has a simple design which you can wear in any occasions. "Pretty!" I mumbled. "Yah!"

"What?! Why do you keep shouting?!" I madly asked. "I'm sorry but you need to go, Sujeong! You might get late to the ceremony."

"And so?"

"Sujeong-ah, please!" He begged, rubbing his palms and showing some funny but annoying expression. "Alright!" I hiss and goes to the bathroom to prepare. Booseung goes out of my room and let me prepare by myself. After having a refreshing bath, I reach out for my simple white dress and wears it. I took the key necklace I got from my admirer and the earrings I got a while ago. I never forget to wear simple make up to make my face fresh and stress free. I smiled at my reflection and everything does look good on me. I goes out of my room and my parents, including Booseung become mesmerize by my appearance. "Why? Does it look weird?" I asked, scanning my dress. "Nope! It's just perfect!" Booseung exclaimed, asking my hand to escort me. "Yah! What's with that escort thing?" I laughed at his cute gesture. "I just need to take care of my little sister." I choke with his statement. "Are you okay? You do look weird." Everyone laughed at my word. "Eat your meal before you leave." Mom said, preparing my plate. "Thanks mom!" I said and digs in.

❤️❤️❤️

Booseung drove me to SOPA and he left with a weird word.

*FLASHBACK*

"Here yah go!" Booseung said, waiting for me to leave. "What should I do?"

"Hmm... nothing! Just enjoy." He winked at me then he goes out of the car. Why does he mumbles weird words? I went out of the car when he opened it. "Call me after so I can fetch you." He started the car and left.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

I entered the hall but no one is there yet. I scanned the whole place and it doesn't seem the place where the ceremony will be held. "Maybe I've mistaken this place." I checked the time and it's already eight in the morning. "Hmm... I think I need to check the other rooms." I took a step when the door creaked out of nowhere. I slowly turns to look at the person but the light has blacken his appearance. "You came at the right place." I got goosebumps after hearing his voice.

I can't be mistaken; I know it's him. He closed the door and his appearance slowly enlightens and becomes vivid in my eyes. I got speechless upon seeing him, standing behind the door near the stage. I gulp, being hammered at my place. I tried to walk but my feet isn't moving. I can't take away my sight from him; thoughts are scrambling more badly than I first met him. Questions are rising up but I can't find any words to say. "I..." I tried but really, no words are coming out.

"Hi Ryu Sujeong." I'm too occupied that I didn't notice that he's already standing in front of me. "A-ah... h-hello... L-lee Jangjun... ssi." I bite my lower lip. Ryu Booseung!!!! I'll kill you! "Sujeong?"

"H-hmm?" I smiled forcedly. "I-I think I need to go. The alumni ceremony might be starting." I tried to run for escape but his hand grabs mine so fast as lightning. He pulls me with force, making my body turn uncontrollably. I bumped into his body, securely caging me within his arms; he hugs me, like the way he hugged me when he's asking me to stay. "L-lee Jangjun... this is not right. Yoojung might—" He hugs me tightly, stopping me from speaking. "We've never been into a relationship."

"I never allowed her to have a relationship with me." He tucked his face on my neck. "Because there's only one girl that I wanted to become mine..." My heart throbs harder and faster. "It is you... Ryu Sujeong." I was surprised with the name he mentioned. "I... am not dreaming... right?"

"You're not." He released his hug, facing me. "We're on the real situation." I bowed, trying to control my emotions. "I'm sorry. I sincerely want to apologize to what I did in the past. I regret everything I did after loosing you." My traitor tears just escaped after remembering my life in the past. "I'm so terrible for not pursuing you. I regret stepping back whenever I wanted to do everything for you. I'm sorry for the fact that I build up space within my heart." He paused for a moment and stared straight right into my eyes. "I don't know if it's late but I wanted to tell you something which I tried to deny for a very long time." He wiped my tears and cupped my face then our eyes met. "Thank you so much for putting all your efforts for me and thank you so much for devoting yourself to me. Now I want to show it wholeheartedly."

"I'm going straight to the point. I like... ah no... I love you! I love you... Ryu Sujeong." I was stunned. I can't move, words couldn't come out. "I know you have given up but it is now my time to pursue you and win your heart again." I tucked my lips and I chuckled within my tears. "A fool!"

"Huh?"

"You're always a fool. I tried but I never succeeded. It feels empty when I left. I thought I'm just obsessed but Lee Jangjun... I'm telling you, you are the only one who can make my heart complete. You're the only one I want. Again... I still love you. Sorry for giving..." He shut me by putting his lips on mine. My tears fall in so much joy. I can never imagine this day that Jangjun will confess his feelings towards me. He pulled out, saying, "Thank you for not giving up. I'll do everything to give back your love."

"That's already in the past. I want us to make new memories... together." I smiled. "So... this is our day one?" I nod happily. He pressed his lips against me once again, enjoying this precious time of us.

To be continued...

—-

REMINDER: 4 REMAINING CHAPTERS AND I'M GOING TO SAY GOOD BYE FOR THIS STORY. I HOPE THIS ONE HYPES YOU UP.

VOTE AND COMMENT YOUR THOUGHTS ABOUT THE CHAPTER. I WANT TO HEAR YOU GUYS 🍑