TWENTY EIGHT

The next morning...

"Sujeong-ah, wake up! Your friend is here!" I heard half awake. "5 mins more!" I whine weakly, tryin' to continue my dream. "Lee—"

Oh my gosh! Don't tell me Jangjun is here! I quickly went up and prepare myself. "Mom I'll go down in a while." She laughs and shakes her head tryin' to loosen up. "Okay. I'll tell him to wait."

"Thanks, ma!" Gosh! Lee Jangjun surprised me! He didn't even bothered himself to text me that he will go here; the reason why I'm cramming and in hurry right now.

After putting some daily make up on, I went down, wearing my usual household fashion; big t-shirts with short shorts. As I went down, I was surprised. Dongmin is there instead of Jangjun. "Oh, you're here!" Dongmin stood upon seeing me. "Good morning." He added, smiling widely. "I-I thought..." I can't believe he's here. I don't know why but it feels awkward. "You thought what?"

"U-uhm nothing..." I smiled awkwardly. "Would you mind to have a breakfast date with me?" He smiled. "I supposed to eat with my fam."

"Sujeong-ah, it's okay! Let Dongmin eat with you." Mom shouted, defeating me from declining Dongmin's invitation. "Let's go?" I just answered with a smile and followed him through a nearby café.

He ordered coffees and cakes for us first before settling down to the seat across mine. "Hmm... what pushes you to go on a breakfast with me today?" He acts thinking and replied, "Nothing, I just want to be with you." He smiled. "Really? I mean you have many friends but why did you bother yourself to drive from a far and ask me instead?"

"Simple. Because I want you." My eyes stared at him. I don't know what to say, I mean, yeah, ever since he liked me and he never fails to show it through words and action but up until now, I haven't build up any special feelings for him. I feel sorry. "Dongmin, I—"

"I know..." He lowered down his head, trying to hide his expression. "I'm sorry." He lifted his head up and smiled, saying, "Can you at least give me one more chance?" He pleaded but I tucked my lips.

I looked at him, having an oppressive feeling inside. Even my voice didn't helped at all. No words nor sounds were coming out of my mouth. I feel suffocated in our situation. Everything doesn't feel right; I don't know if it's just my feelings or what.

-

Our so-called morning date ended peacefully. I enjoyed the food, and small talks with Dongmin but the awkwardness between us doesn't died down at all. He walked me home since it's not that far from our house. "Thank you for giving me a chance to grab some breakfast with you, Sujeong." He smiled, even his eyes smiled to me but there's no sincerity at all. I'm starting to doubt. "Well, we are friends..."

"Friends... uhmm... yeah..." He bite his lower lip trying to suppress the pain. Well it's better for him to know that I don't have special feelings for him rather than to push things that might get misunderstood in the end. "Anyways... go inside now. I don't want you to expose your skin here." He guided his hand towards the gate and smiled before leaving.

"You're back!" I froze just right before I land my feet inside the house... Jangjun is there standing and obviously waiting for me. His eyes stare so cold as snow. He doesn't seem bright today and I know why. "I-I am... h-how long have you been waiting?" Instead of answering, he came close to give me a warm hug and a peck on my forehead. "It doesn't matter how long I've waited, the important thing is you're here... with ME again." I melted. His warm embrace feels like home and I really like it. I didn't restrained myself, I hugged him back. "You're the sweetest!" He smiled; we held hands going inside my home.

---

HELLO EVERYONE AFTER THE LONG WRITER'S BLOCK, THIS STORY GOT FINALLY UPDATED!!! I'M VERY SORRY FOR MY AVID READERS WHO WAITED FOR SO LONG... ISTG IT'S REALLY HARD TO CURE THIS BLOCK I JUST WAITED FOR THE TIME THAT MY RUSTY BRAIN WORK FOR STORIES ONCE MORE AND I ALSO WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO WAITED AND ENCOURAGED ME TO CONTINUE THIS STORY. I ADMIT THAT THERE WAS THIS TIME THAT I WANTED TO SHUT THIS DOWN BUT SOMEONE SAID (I DON'T EXACTLY REMEMBER) TO CONTINUE THIS ONE AND NEVER SHUT IT DOWN BECAUSE THEY LOVE THIS STORY. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHOWING YOUR UNENDING LOVE AND SUPPORT TO THIS STORY! I'M SO TOUCHED AND I DON'T KNOW HOW WILL I GOING TO PAY YOU BACK! THANK YOU READERS! I LOVE U AND THANK U FOR EVERYTHING! SECRETLY: I LOVE YOU FIGHTING!!!!

- love author