TWELVE

Time passed by so fast, December has dropped. Everyone is busy preparing for the examinations and the Annual Christmas Fair. "Sujeong-ah!" Sewoon shouted from afar, waving his hand. I waved back and he ran towards my phase. "Where are you heading to?" I tapped my guitar and he knows what I am trying to say; to the rooftop.

As we passed by the noisy and crowded hallway, Jangjun is caught by my eyes. He's looking at my direction, wearing his usual expression. Since our last encounter, I tried my best not to involve him in my life and whatsoever. I built up a fear of him after our last encounter, however, I miss him. Every day, we're together in one room but it feels like we're still far from each other. Well, it's a good thing for me, I'm trying to stop loving him and give chance to the guy who's showing his love for me ever since, Sewoon.

Sewoon had admitted his feelings for me since my birthday. Even though he hasn't received any answers yet, he said that he's willing to wait. "Sujeong?" A nudge from beside wakes me up from reminiscing. "Oh! I'm sorry, I just saw something unimportant." I lied.

I admit it, Jangjun still owns my heart and it is so hard for me to move on. Sewoon somehow has room in my heart but as my best friend nothing more, nothing less. I sighed. "You're thinking about him again?" I froze at the moment Sewoon uttered those words. I looked down, being ashamed to Sewoon. "I-I'm..." He cut off my words by cupping my face. "Don't worry I'm not angry." He smiled and hugged me, assuring that he's really okay. However, I'm feeling guilty. All those days with him, I'm thinking about one guy, only Jangjun. "I'm so sorry, Sewoon." He hugs me tightly. I know he feels hurt upon hearing my apology. "It's okay." He cracked while saying those words. "Woon-ah, don't hurt yourself please?" He released our hug. "I told you, I will wait. I will until you love me."

"But..." He held both my shoulders. "No buts, I assure you, I'm so willing to wait." He held my hand and pulls me beside him, walking through our practice place.

As we arrived, we settled down for a moment and starts practicing our song. "Guitar, check! Beatbox, check! So let's start." Sewoon laughed so I start plucking my guitar to the tune of Some by Soyou and Junggigo. I closed my eyes, feeling the tune of the song. As I opened my eyes, I saw Sewoon having a smile, a sad smile. I stopped in the midst of our session. "Why?" I sighed. "I know you're not okay. Let's rest for now." I stood and clung my bag, walking back to the classroom.

❤❤❤

The next day, our homeroom teacher enters the room, silencing everyone. "Class listen!" We seated properly as she speaks. "As you all know, your examinations are approaching..." We all whined upon hearing the word exams. "Starting today, you just need to study harder. And! As an addition, the Annual Christmas Fair is approaching also. You don't need to win, just do your best, okay?" We answered yes with glee.

The break time has come, Sewoon grabbed my hand and asked me to go back to our practice area. I asked if he's okay and he assured me. We started to sing our song again. This time, I know that he's really okay. We practiced our song for the nth time until we heard the bell, a sign that the afternoon class is starting. We both go down, walked back to our room.

"Oh? Woon-ah, you can go ahead I need to get my notebooks for the afternoon classes. "I can go with you." I shook my head, signaling that I can manage and he understands it. He left and then I go to the locker area. As I arrived, I saw Jangjun, standing while leaning his back against the wall. Looks like he's waiting for someone. I cleared my throat and ignores him as I pass by him.

The moment he became near me, he held my hand. I froze as he hugged me from my back. My heart throbs so fast and loud. I couldn't make a move, I'm really surprised. "I'm so sorry." He sincerely whispered in my ear and tucked his face into my neck. "I-I'm not dreaming right?" The only words I uttered in our situation. He released his hug and scratch his nape. He ran away from me after that situation. I blinked in disbelief. "Is it really Jangjun?"