Chapter 4

(Picture is of Dylan.)

When I caught up to her by my car. She was still smiling at me.

"What do you mean he has a crush on me." i asked her while unlocking my car.

" It means what i said, why do think he doesn't yell at you, like he does to me when we prank him, and it's not because your not family, believe me i seen him yell at my friends before." She said looking down at her phone.

" I never really thought about that, i just thought he was nicer to me." I said pulling out the school.

i was heading to her house, "Well yeah, he was nice to you cause he didn't want to show you his mean side. every time i told him that you are on your way he always tried to impress you with something, like dressing up as though that was his causal look. We all thought it was funny, especially my parent, we would always make fun of him when you left, he would just wave it off as though it was nothing." She said while we were pulling up to her house.

" Well I guess I will see you tomorrow, and don't forget you are coming over before dinner so that we can get ready okay. Bye." She said while getting out of the car. I waved at then drove off when she entered her house.

When i got home I noticed that the car from this morning was still there. I wasn't really worried about it. I mean who would stalk our house, we haven't done anything wrong. that I know of.

I went up to my room and dropped off my stuff by my door, and change my clothes to blue Levi short, with a purple tank top. It was hot outside.

i went done stair not before picking up my phone. i walked into the kitchen and opened up the refrigerator trying to figure out what to make. I finally figured it out, and took out all the ingredient i needed, I started to prepare it.

I was was half way through making dinner when i decided to text my mom.

Me
hey mom just texting you to see if you were going to make it home on time or are you gonna be late. Let me know.

I went back to preparing dinner when my phone beeped, letting me know i received a text message.

Mom
I might be late don't worry I will see you soon.

Me
okay.

She didn't text me back so I knew that she went back to work.

When i was done preparing dinner i popped them into the oven. And i set the timer. i started on the salad. i chopped up the vegetable for it. When that was done i put it in the refrigerator. i went outside to check the mail, while I was out there I noticed that there was two figures inside the car that parked in front of our house. Why are they sitting in the car. huh not my problem, i grabbed the mail and went back inside. The mail just consist of bill and birthday card one of which was from Uncle Jason like every year.

I put them on the table by the front door, and went to the kitchen to check on dinner.

One hour later...
I was lying on the couch watching Underworld, love that movie, when there was a knock on the front door.

I paused the movie and went to go and answer the door.

I open the door to see two guys who look like professional wrestlers.

"can i help you." I asked them who just stood there looking at me then looked at each other. which was weird.

"Are your parents home." The guy with Hazel eyes asked impatiently.

" Sorry no she is not, can I help with you with something." I asked with the same attitude he has.

"listen little girl we need to talk to her, do you know when she will be home." The second guy with said calmly.

"I dont know she works in the medical field so her hour are not specific so who know." i shrugged my shoulder as i told the second guy who asked calmly.

" will you let her know we're asking for her it's very important." The same guy said calmly.

right when I was gonna answer him, my phone beeped.
i looked at it, it was a message from my mom

Mom
Honey I am on my way home. Do you need anything before I get there.

I looked up at the two guys in front of me, remembering that they wanted my mom. I texted her back

Me
Can you pick up a cheesecake from the restaurant i love.

Mom
sure I will be home in a half an hour. love ya talk to you when I get there. bye.

I put my phone away in my pocket and looked at these two guys.

"My mom said that she will be home in 3-4 hours." But by time she get home she will exhausted. but no point in telling them that.

"Just let her know we stopped by and we're asking for her." the calm guy said.

"Sure, do you guys have like a business card or something that i can give her." i said politely

"yeah here, have her give us a call." Mr. calm guy said. I nodded my head at them. i looked at the business card, so corporation i wonder what they want with my mom.

Then they walk away, but as I look closer at them, they look like they are looking into each eyes for a bit. As having a private conversation. Weird. They continue to do that while they head to the same car that has been parked there since this morning.

Who are these guys, I thought to myself, and why do they need to speak with my mom, i was thinking this while i was closing the door behind me. I stopped to looked at the window and do a sneak peak out the curtain to see them still sitting there, in the car.

I went back to my movie and continued watching it till the end. When the movie was finally finished the front door opened and my mom walked in with cheesecake. yummy my favorite.

"Honey, I brought cheesecake." I love when my mom does that, like I didn't know, we both have a sweet spot for cheesecake.

I got up and met her by the hallway "Hey mom, how was work." I asked grabbing the cheesecake and taking it to the kitchen.

"It was exhausting, but I'm going to get change be back in a bit, okay." She said upstairs, i went to the food that i had made and made her a plate.

By the time she came down she was wearing pajamas.

She looked at the plate, "honey, you made my favorite, but you didn't have to make me a plate, i could have done it myself." She said sitting down at the dining table.

"i know, but you look tired and I like helping you out." I said while smiling at her while i grab the cheesecake and two forks, who needs a plate when it's just the two of us, i sat down on the chair right next to her.

I grabbed a piece of cheesecake and ate it. And oh my gosh, this cake is like heaven in my mouth. I am so glad, that someone invented this, if not who would have, not me.

While we at the table talking about our day I asked her a question before even thinking about it.

"Hey mom, did you give my number to anyone." I asked her quietly

she stopped eating and looked up at me. "Like who honey." She said .

"i dont know, i received a text today and end of the text it was signed Uncle Jason." i told her

"What really." She look at me with a shocked/ confused look then she glared at me which was creepy.

I was scared to tell her the rest maybe after she eats the cheesecake. yep definately after the cheesecake as i continue eating it.