Chapter 24

Destiny was walking around the room like the doctor recommended so that they can see if she has heal proplerly, so here i am walking around the room with a little pain but that's all, other than that i fell great.

"good, you just about healed perfectly, how about we go and get you something to eat." Dr. Eric said

i nodded at him and then followed him to the kitchen, this room was really nice, quiet homey, i saw a buffet style table with food on it and right there my stomach started to grumble, eric laughed he handed me a plate and waved at the table "help yourself" he said i grabbed  a sandwich, with macoroni salad and a water and sat down, not before i grabbed two rice crispy treats. i was asking him question about how he became a rogue, he told me that his pack was attacked, so the ones that were left made their own pack far away and kept to them selves, and how they tried and rebuilt their little family, later on in our conversation miranda came and joined us, when i was done eating my food, i sat back listening to the other talk about their finding and their day. They do seem to be really close to each other.

When everyone started getting ready to get up and head to their rooms, the front door opened, and in walks the guy that left to meet with the wolves that he said might be looking for me. I got up hoping that it was jason. when i went to the front door i was so excited to see some familiar faces, that i took off and jumped in jason arms. i finally let myself cry. i felt two other arms around me and knew that it was my uncles. when i looked around i notice alpha hector, staring at me. i mindlinked him thank you for coming to look for me. he looked sad for a second and smiled you are someone important to me and this pack, but i wasnt the only alpha to come look for you. i was confused for a second then i saw someone beside him 'shane'

i took a step toward him and noticed that he let out a breath like he relief to see me. "shane what are you doing here." i was in front of him.

"well i thought that i was stood up." but before i can say sorry he put a finger to my lips and i felt sparks going through my whole body, but this is not possible, "then your dad told me what happen and i came out to help, hoping that maybe we can try again with the date." he said sweetly.

" that sound great." i said looking at my second chance mates eyes, and him looking at me with relief.

"good now that we found you we can go on home." alpha hector said looking at his pack.

"You don't have leave yet if you don't want, you guys can rest here for tonight and also eat and sleep before you guys head out, we dont mind having you here." miranda said 

"that sound like a great idea, what do you think alpha." i said looking at hector. he looked at his men and then nodded his head. They looked relief that they don't have to leave right away.

"Okay first, let's get you guys fed you look like you guys are a bit hungry, so follow me." miranda said 

all of them follow her to the kitchen and grabbed their food even shanes men, i went to the livingroom. i guess there was not enough room or they didnt want me to be taken again, but jason and marcus and manuel sat in the livingroom with me, and also shane, who was the last to come in, he sat right next to me, and nobody said anything about it. And i was glad. maybe i can talk to him, because that was really nice that he came out and helped out and looked for me. Maybe he will be a better mate than Dylan.

After everyone was done eating Miranda showed everyone their room that they will be staying in. After everyone was settled into their room, me being across from my dad and my uncle and Alpha shane being next to mine, which was nice cause i know that i will be okay and nobody can harm me, everyone feel asleep, i guess that they were tired. i was sitting in my room wide awake, trying to figure out why i got a second chance mate. five minute later of still thinking, i heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened the door, only to see shane, i smile and opened my door and stood aside to let him in. Once he was in i closed the door and went to sit on the edge of the bed. I patted the seat beside me and he sat down.

"Couldn't sleep." i said looking at shane.

"No, i just wanted to make sure that you were okay." shane said

"Yeah, i am okay, just a bunch of things on my mind, like me getting taken, and you being my second chance mate." i said really quietly.

" Nobody is going to take you away from me, and i am glad that you felt the sparks i thought that maybe i was going crazy but now i feel the connection stronger than before." he said

i yawned out of nowhere, "well that provably because the mate i had before marked another so i guess maybe that broke the bond we had, and grew our bond." i said before i yawned again.

"You should just get some sleep, we leave tomorrow morning and maybe we can go on that date, we were to go on." he said getting up and moving to the door.

I didn't want to be by myself and i like feeling safe around him. i got up and put my hand on his arm, he stopped and looked at me "Do you think you can stay with me, i would feel better if you were here."

He smiled at me and then layer down on top of the covers. i played down under the blanket and face him. i fell into a peaceful sleep.

Waking up to banging on the door is not a good idea since i am not a really morning person. "ugh, whoever it is go away." i said rolling into something hard.

"Destiny, can we come in." I heard Jason say from the other side of the door.

i sat up and noticed Shane sleeping. "give me a minute." I got up and dressed in some black short and purple tank top. I did my morning routine. When i was finally done i went back into my room from my adjourned room and open the door. i went back to my bed and sat down on the edge of the bed and put on my socks and shoes. i looked up and saw the guys look behind me, that's when i realized that shane was still asleep.

I looked backed at them and finish my shoes. I got up and headed downstair. The guys followed. i went to the kitchen and whipped up enough breakfast. when that was done we sat down at the table and ate. Nobody said a word. That was until we were all finished eating.

"So why was Alpha Shane in your bed." dad Jason said looking at me curiously

" well I was up in my room,everyone was asleep, but i couldn't sleep, I kept thinking that they were going to come back and take me. But shane came in and we talked and he calmed me down. enough for me to sleep." i paused looking at them. "Dad, Shane is my second chance mate, can you believe that."

Jason answered " Yeah he kind of told us that he wanted to keep you safe, and the only way to do that..."

" Is to stay at his pack, right." i said interrupting him smiling.

"yeah but only if you want to, i am not forcing you." shane said behind me. i got startled, and jumped up.

"gosh, how long have you been standing there. I thought that you were sleeping." i said sitting back down.

" Well if you want to think about it for a week that's fine, i just want to know that you will be safe. Even if that's with me or not." the way he said that made my heart hurt, it was like he was saying that he would let me go if i wanted him to.

" I will let you know, and I will think about it and let you know as soon as i come to a decision." I told him with a smile. He nods his head.

" Okay we leave in fifteen so that we can catch the next flight." Alpha hector thought that it would be faster if we took the plane since we were three states away and we all wanted to be home already. which was fine with me. i got up and ran upstairs and took a 5 minute shower and put on some clean clothes the ladies left for me. When i was done i went downstairs and looked for miranda. I found her in the kitchen with the other ladies, when she seen me she excused herself and walked over to me.

" Hey miranda, i just wanted to thank you for everything that you have done for me and for those who came to find me, i am glad that you found me when you did, i wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you." i gave her a hug.

" It is what we do, not all the time, but we are not cruel we just did what we think others would do for us. Just have a safe trip okay. And you are always welcomed here." with that i walked over to my dad.

"You ready to go home." he smirked knowing that my mom would be happy and relieved to see me.

" Ready as i will ever be." i waved one last time before we shifted, and headed to the airport.