A Simple Misunderstanding

Cole POV

I wake up properly at around eight, I was awake earlier at six as I'm normally a morning person and like to start the day with a coffee and a read of the the New York Times of my phone but I couldn't drag myself to leave the bed after my night with Lili. Last night it was the first time myself and Lili slept together, she told me when we first started dating she doesn't want to rush anything too fast but she will do 'it' when she feels ready and comfortable.

I respected her decision as I wanted her to know that I was okay with it. Even though I agreed with her when she said that relationships should be more than all the physical stuff , I'm a very passionate and touchy feely person. When I awoke earlier this morning I spotted Lili in the bed next to me. Her hair all ruffled , I give her a sneaky hug , she let out a pleasant moan but when I woke up just now, she isn't here. I assume that shes probably gone to set but then remember today is Sunday and we have the day off, none of her stuff is in the apartment. I turn to the side table beside my bed.

My phone isn't there I get out of the bed and spot my phone on the kitchen table. I pick it up and read the first message and sigh. It's from Dylan
'Dad told me and you and your Co star Lila is it? You move on fast bro ' he has sent with the laughing and the thumbs up emoji attached.

I'm fit to kill him , I'm now incredibly frustrated with him right now , I throw  a pair of trousers on and a blue checkered flannel and race to to the apartment door and marching down the stairs to Lili and Madalaine's apartment. I bang on the door with force, Madalaine opens the door slightly and asks what do I want. I ask is Lili there she answers before I can finish with a  "No" Cami then comes to the door and tell me that she honestly thought I was better then this. They both slam the door on me , leaving me distraught.  I wait outside the door for a moment longer I hear Lili's angelic voice " Is he gone ?" I hear the pain in her voice.

My heart breaks into a million pieces. I race back to my apartment open the door and force it shut. I sit on the toilet seat in the bathroom as my lips begin to tremble as the tears emerge from my eyes. The tears burst forth like water from a dam, spilling down my face. I feel the muscles of my chin tremble like a small child and I look towards the window and gaze at the busy Vancouver city below me as if the light of the sun could soothe me. There is static in my head once more, the side effect of this constant fear, constant stress I live with. My anxiety, my depression. I hear my own sounds, like a distressed child, raw from the inside. It takes something out of me I didn't know I had left to give. That's the way it is when people are hard. It's like a theft of the spirit, an injury no other person can see.

I had the let the love of my life go, after a good wallow I wipe my tears on my now damp flannel and stood up and looked myself in the mirror. I was going to get her back. I check the time it's just half eleven, I grab my keys and open the door and head back down the stairs not knocking on Lili and Mads' apartment but placing a note under the door.

'Lili Pauline Reinhart is invited to attend to a Taco Bell filled dinner with a very apologetic and guilt ridden Cole Sprouse. Apartment 37D at 3 o'clock.'

I'm hoping this will work as I want to show that I still care about her and still love her. I drive down to Costco and stock up on Mountain Dew , Fruity pebbles and Lunchables. I run into KJ and Ross who are buying beer for a party with Skeet and Luke, they ask me why I'm not going , I say I'm just not in the mood they also ask me while I'm looking so flustered and why is Lili upset. I say it's a long story but will explain later, I head towards the check out, pay for my items and head towards Taco Bell and order four beefy five layer burritos I know that she loves them and I want her to have as much of her favourite food as possible.

It's five past three and Lili is a no show, I've set the table , filled cereal bowls with Fruity Pebbles, poured a tall glass of bubbly Mountain Dew and placed the Taco Bell burritos on a plate. I suddenly think she's not coming until I hear a knock at the door, I open it and there she is standing there, I'm about to start talking when she ushers me to keep quiet.

"I wasn't going to come " she explained
"But I willing to give you the benefit of the doubt so, are you going to explain what Dylan meant he said you move on fast"

I begin to explain that is just the way Dylan acts , he's the joker ,the tease of the two of us and what he meant was that when myself and Bree broke up I never saw myself with anyone else but then you came into my life, I say to her hoping she understands I walk over to her.

"I love you Lili Reinhart , I always have and always will"  I say to her as I lean and stare into her emerald eyes I cup her cheek that was slowly going a scarlet shade of red. I smiled before slowly leaning into her my other hand shaking slightly from nerves but I kiss her, my heart has been repaired, the emptiness I was feeling earlier had been restored. She smiled when I moved back and whispered the words

" I love you Cole Mitchell Sprouse"

Hey guys L here , I'm open to suggestions or tips if you have them. Just DM me. I'm trying to do a Sprousehart fan fic . I hope you enjoy ,love you all!