1: So much behind the Great Wall

CHAPTER 1: SO MUCH BEHIND THE GREAT WALL

"Its been a hell lot of time since I am managing the Oberoi industries, what does Singhania's want to depict ?" Badepapa yelled in the phone as I kept my eyes closed. "Okay. Tell them we are coming." He said and cut the call. "Shivaay !" He called and I instantly rubbed my eyes which had dark circles under it.

"Yes badepapa." I responded trying hard to not let sleep consume me.

"I want you to go to the Singhania's industry and give the presentation of our share stocks. Now get out of the bed and do it." He spoked strictly as I registered his words in my brain.

"Sure" I said but he had already left.

This has been my daily routine for months. I do not try to sleep because those nightmares do not let me do. I keep my eyes opened or if by chance I would sleep then I cry and sleep. These horrible nightmares. Even today, the pillow is all wet. Nobody knows about it. Shrugging my current thoughts I headed towards the washroom and freshened myself. Grabbing a black three piece suit, I jumped out of my room and went to the parking lot.

The city was still sleeping and I was awake to make the Oberoi Industries flourish more. I mean who the hell, conduct meetings at four in the morning.

Tired as hell, I loosened up my tie and exhaled a long sigh. I quickly went to the Oberoi industries and struggled to keep my eyes open. Being the most eligible bachelor and the succeeder of the Oberoi Industries, I was always being bugged my media. They do not leave me anywhere on my own. For God's sake gone is the boy who needed love from the families. The constant war that is spread between mom and Badi Maa, is in my notice. In case, they think they can hide, I have my sources. Once again, I started working on my laptop. This is going to be a long day.

×××

"Bhaiya ! Where were you ? See its midnight, have you had your dinner ?" Rudra asked and I shook my head. He came towards me and hugged me and I held longer than I should. "Is there anything you would like to tell us Shivaay bhaiya ?" He asked and I composed myself.

My brothers are the only source of my wreck less life. "Where is Om ?" I asked and he appeared engulfing me in his bear hug. "Have you had your dinner ?" He asked and Rudra answered for me. His facial expressions changed from glad to angry and both of them rushed to somewhere.

I changed into my night clothes and opened my laptop. Tomorrow another meeting is lined up and I have to prepare for it. It's important as badepapa said. He has always been my mentor and guider and because of him I am at this position. Loads of years were spent by him, to reach to this level. I would never ever disappoint him. Om and Rudra were never interested in business and I would not let them crash their dreams as mine. I will protect them and pursue them to follow their dreams so that they can live in it, not like me.

They both have been with me in each and every situation and I am so obliged to God for sending them to my life. Sacrificing my dreams was such a hurricane task and I went through a lot. Not that I complain, I just don't want them to see the life's harsh reality. They are innocent. I have seen Om's passion for his art and I know he can do so much more. Rudra loves boxing. I will make both to reach the top of the world with their passion and in that way, they both will be happy unlike me.

Sounds of footstep stopped my thinking process. From my peripheral vision I saw Omru rushing in my room, with the tray. "I am sure you would have not taken dinner even after our insistence." Om remarked and I smiled sheepishly.

"Don't give me your stupid smile bhaiya. Nowadays you have become more irresponsible towards your health. Taking pills will not cure you." Rudra almost barked and I backed a little dramatically. He suppressed a chuckle and we both burst out laughing.

"Shivaay, you have to care of yourself. Am I clear ?" Om asked as he took the last morsel and fed me.

"Okay dad." I said and he smiled. How do I tell them about my problem, I can't let them be in problem. They are my lifelines, I don't want to see them sad.

×××

As the morning rays peeped inside I freshened up. Jogging downstairs I saw Om and his two friends laughing at something. He looked at me surprised. "You woke up this early ?"
He asked.

"Actually I was not getting sleep." I lied and he nodded.

"Shivaay these are my friend, Anika and Sharvi." He introduced and I gave them both a firm handshake. They both smiled. "And he is my brother Shivaay !" He exclaimed and then Sharvi blinked her eyelids rapidly.

"So he is the charmer. Nice to meet you Mr Oberoi." She said and hugged me. "Me too." I kept the conversation short.

From the corner of my eyes, I saw a lone tear escape from the eyes of the other one. Her name was.. Anika, yeah ? And Om tells me, she is strong !

Nobody, can contain their emotions to themselves, and she is definitely not an exception.

Heya cuties !!! So here is the first installment. Hope you liked the chapter. Was it a bit too depressing ? Do wait for the next one. I hope as the story goes, you will enjoy it. Its different from others as usually I tend to write brighter stories. Do tell me your views about this one. Vote, Comment and Share. Also thank you so much ImLilMissComplicated for making such a beautiful cover. This chapter is dedicated to you. Thank you for reading.