17: She likes me, She likes me not

CHAPTER 17: SHE LIKES ME, SHE LIKES ME NOT

With a smile on my face, I stood at the threshold of her door. I was about to knock when my cell rang.

"Shivaay Singh Oberoi !" I spoke. "Its your Badepapa !" "Yeah, what happened ?" I asked thinking about what could have been the possibilities he would have called.

"Where are you ?" He asked. "I am...just sitting in my room." I lied. I don't want to tell him what I was doing ? Why should I ? "I sent you to Paris, to chill there ?" He spoke bitterly, a chill ran down my spine. He sounded evil. Definitely not good. "Have you forgotten something ??" He spat. I closed my eyes. Those dreadful memories. I shook my head. "I know, you haven't ! Remember that I can see what you are doing. I have my sources. I have a camera fitted in your suitcase, which is recording your every move." He said and I could sense his smirk. Why would he do something like that ?

"I did this because I don't trust you a bit. Dare not remove the camera. " he stated answering my thoughts. "Stay focused or the consequences, won't be good."

"And stay away from that girl." With that he cut the phone. I kept the basket there and retreated back. Why did he has to be so dominating. I felt my blood boil and before I could do anything, I rushed to my room. I faked a smile remembering his camera. Doesn't he know the word privacy ? Why is he hell bent on making things difficult for me. I won't show him that I am weak. I rushed to the washroom.

5 hours still seem less. I opened the washroom door and sat with my laptop. I looked nothing new except for the bloodshot eyes and body ache. Believe me when I say it's terrible. I could feel my head spinning and all I needed was rest. But I couldn't. I can't sleep without seeing them. It pains. It pains so much. My heart started feeling a little heavy, my body started to droop, my eyes became moist. Oh !! Did the greatest Shivaay Singh Oberoi became soft ?? My inner voice mocked me. I- I just want someone to take me somewhere where I can sleep peacefully. Where I can be who I am and not follow his orders. But I know that isn't possible.

I feel so weak, so very weak. It feels my body is being hammered constantly with a nail, that is digging just deeper and its impact increasing with time. Sometimes my inner voice reminds me to die. But I am not that week. I want to be strong for them those who have been there for me. I can do anything because they are my life.

I closed my eyes, I have to. If one more day passes without sleep, I would die. I would let those nightmares consume me for a day because now I can't deal with the sleep.

A message popped up on my phone. Fear instilled me. Don't be him, please.

Thank you for the cake :) > Candy girl

It wasn't by me. > The big man

Sure it wasn't ;)> Candy girl

I also received one. It was by the hotel staff. > The big man

Okay, what did you do on Valentines ?> Candy girl

I put down my phone. Late, very late. How much she can talk ? She has to maintain distance with me. Thinking about it, being with her I have changed or I am someone I don't recognise. I smile when she is with me but I don't know why. Her innocence always heavies on my anger. But now, she has to. I don't know, maybe she has some magical powers or so because I am not what I am with her. I scare of the outcomes.

I have decided now. Being with her would only extravagant my problems.

I locked my room and went to the shop. Buying a beer, I went to the same meadow where I went yesterday. It reminds me of her, how sincerely she was looking at the corner most star. I don't know what she was thinking and I don't plan too. Maybe she was missing someone. She just has one defect, she talks a lot. Why, I don't know ? Maybe because she is too happy.

I took a sip. Why God has to be so unfair ? I don't know why she follows me everywhere I go ? I mean I always shout at her but still not a single thing enters in that tiny brain of hers.

Maybe she has developed a crush on you Shivaay, my inner voice reprimanded. Someone having a crush on me ?? This isn't new. It feels good. The feeling to be wanted. But I am not sure.

I took another sip.

Maybe she is on a secret mission. I have to find, whether she likes me or not ?

I started feeling tipsy. A bright red flower was lying on the ground peacefully. I decided to test. I took the bottle and within seconds emptied its content. The flower looked attractive.

She likes me.
She likes me not.
She likes me.
She likes me not.
She likes me.
She likes me not.
She likes...

A tap on my shoulder made me turn around. She was too bright and was invading my little corner of darkness.

I childishly looked at her with a goofy smile. She kneeled down. Caressing her cheek with my hand, I whispered, "Anika". She was looking so nice in that new dress. I wanted to tell her. I wanted to talk to her about so many things. "I want to ask you something." I said, preparing to complete my mission.

Okay, who is in to see a Drunk Shivaay. I hope you enjoyed the rollercoaster of today's chapter. How it turned from happy to anger to grief and then to new find hope, to find if he is wanted by someone. Tell me your views, would be waiting for them. Thank you !