32: Letting the Secrets Escape

In a world where people change like variables, I want you to be my constant - anonymous

CHAPTER 32: LETTING THE SECRETS ESCAPE

"So, it must be difficult."

"What ?" I asked.

"Living without me. These days must have been boring." She said bragging herself. There is the girl I knew, the one with a hidden playful side that is reserved only for me.

"You wish."

She shrugged giving me a smile. "Seriously tell me, what did you do in the past week ?"

"Stuff."

"How detailed." She said giving me a look.

"I just worked okay ? I had tons and tons of presentation and I still have, so it pretty much sums up my schedule of going to office in the morning at five and retuning at ten." I said with a bored expression on my look. These past days had been difficult for me.

She didn't spoke for a while just sipped her apple juice. "It must be hard for you. Om and Ru doesn't say anything or what ?"

"Nah, its all cool. I have gotten used to. And I try to maintain secrecy about my working hours with my brothers." I responded.

She stared at me, an unknown emotion flicking as she gulped down the drink and kept it behind the glass table. Her hands that were fallen to her sides shot up and touched my face, ever so slowly. It took all of my will power to just stand there and look at her, her touch mortifying. Burning. She caressed her fingers under my eyes.

"That explains the dark circles." She said quietly, her hands returning to their previous position. "You are not getting sleep Shivaay ?"

I was still in a daze when she asked her question. I was afraid she had heard the hammering of my heart and even if she did, she didn't show it on her face. I turned away from her and looked over the lively party.

Sharvi came towards us, her eyes shining like always, her dimples crinkling.

"Are you guys enjoying ?" She said amidst the loud music, from far.

"Yeah." Anika answered joining me again as Sharvi gave her a smile. "Have a drink guys."

"You know," I said as her eyes landed again on me. "I really want to drink wine today."

"Why ?" She asked. "You have a fetish for alcohol or something cause I saw you in France too, one time intoxicated and the other time about to."

"Other time ?"

"Our last day there, when I asked you to make something for my brother and me. I saw that bottle as you forgot to close the refrigerator door.

I made a hmm sound. This girl is so observant. "Its my friend."