6: rantings

But darling, its okay to be afraid of losing someone sometimes -anonymous

6: rantings

I muttered some profanities under my breath. I felt her froze. Her face was delicately placed in the crook of my neck as it moulded with perfection.

Anika, you are not making this easy for me. Get up.

Her weight was crushing me but I couldn't care less. In her attempt to separate herself away from my body, her hair hit me ever so slightly. The sweet scent of vanilla engulfed me, as I managed to untangle my hand and hold up a fist of her hair and smelled it.

Damn woman.

I removed her hair and tucked it behind her ear as she stared at me dumbly. Her breaths were shaky, her eyelids shy and a smile threatened to raise on her lips.

"You are blushing." I whispered.

"I am not not." She said, blushing even more profusely.

"Denial is bad."

"Assumption is even worse."

"Not when you can see with you eyes."

"Eyes deceive."

"Shut up Anika." I groaned. "Now get up, would you? Or you like the view too much that you are savoring it with glee?"

"I would rather watch tomatoes." She pouted. She made an attempt to stand, when she fell again, loosing her balance as her lips grazed by neck by the impact of the hit.

"Anika!" I screamed as she looked at me horrified.

"Sorry, I didn't intend to do that." She said gesticulating feverishly. "I am sorry." She hastily rubbed the part of my neck. "Let me just clean," she muttered and all the amount of self control in me was slowly evaporating.

"I am okay, just go there." I pointed to the sofa and she reluctantly obliged.

I made my way towards the washroom and stood in front of the mirror. I glanced at the faint mark and as if on a cue a deep red blush marked my face.

This is not the time to gush and do honey boo bear things, Shivaay. Get a grip on yourself.

I felt more giddy, the feeling to let myself loose. Since the time Anika has came in the office, this hasn't stopped. I didn't dwell on the fact much, but now thinking about it, I am not so sure that its nothing.

×××

"What did you want?" I said tiredly as her lips curled.

"I want you to take me to Dadi."

"No." I stated firmly. "You don't have to. She is not at Oberoi Mansion."