5: I am Fine, for God's sake

CHAPTER 5: I AM FINE, FOE GOD'S SAKE

The faint smell of the chemicals and medicines greeted me, reminding me the place I always dreaded to come. Hospital. My eyes searched for the owner of my worry and stopped at the receptionist. I stood there for a while numb, unable to speak. "Do you need anything ?" The receptionist asked and I stumbled over my words.

"Omkara Singh Oberoi, room number ?" Anika came behind me and spoke to her.

"Sir, ma'am, room number 139, at the left lane." She said and then continued the conversation at the telephone.

I shuffled here and there, frantically searching my brother and then resumed at the door which was slight ajar. ROOM 139 was written in block letters and I hurried inside. The chat in the room subsided and my brothers looked at me with an emotion that held pain. I hugged Rudra and caressed Om's hair. "Are you fine Om ?" I asked even thou I knew the negation in the answer.

"I am fine-" he was cut short by the petite figure glaring at him with rage.

"He is not fine. He has broken his arm and his head has few injuries which indicates its totally not fine." She said and crossed her arms over her chest.

"Whatever." Om said and I didn't miss the almost unnoticeable smile that appeared on the corner of his lips.

"You need go be fine O. What was the need to be a rash driver ?" Rudra asked and he shook his head in disbelief.

"I cannot believe you people, here I have just came from an accident and instead of giving me my favourite cuisines, you are scolding me. Its not done. Tell them Anika, to not talk to me." He said and moved his head to the other side, a little too dramatically.

"And you Mr Monkey, I am not talking to you. Now go drive with that broken arm." She delivered her speech and the rest chucked.

"Om, tera toh popat ho gaya !" Rudra chimed and now the after this our laughter echoed. Soon Om too loosened up and smiled.

"Shivaay, won't you say anything ?" He asked me and I replied.

"Now what is even left to be said ? The honours are already done, I believe. But yeah, take care I will visit the doctor and go to my office." I said and made an exit.

The smile which was plastered on my face suddenly broke off replaced by rage. What the hell ! I know this accident was intentional and I seriously can't wait to thrash the person to his death. How dare that person ? I clenched by fists and jaw and tried breathing normal. "Commissioner !" I yelled over the phone. "Find that person and serve it to me, by tomorrow." I told and threw my phone smashing the glasses.

The receptionist walked towards me to protest and I raised my hands stopping her. Throwing a few bundles of note on the floor, I scurried to my office. From my peripheral vision I saw Anika standing at the door cupping her face. So she has seen, let her. I don't care about anyone.

"Wait !" Someone shouted and I turned to witness her. I raised by eyebrows and she kept her hands in her thighs panting a bit.

"Speak fast, I don't have time." I said frustrated and she touched my hand. At an instant I jerked her off. She held my hands up in defiance again.

"See there is blood." She spoke and I eyed my hands. Oh, that's why I was feeling an obnoxious- something happening in my hand. Maybe the glass piece was stuck, somehow. Don't go to the details.

"Its nothing. It will be fine." I said and saw her expressions harden.

"Okay." She said and turned around before muttering "baggad billa" those two precious words that consumed me in a wrath. I saw her from the corner of my eyes and she chuckled making me angry and I hurried down the path.

As I headed to approach my car, Mercedes Benz, someone appeared right in front of my face, well not scaring me but turning to be surprise. "Just wanted to say, you are the biggest baggad billa, I have ever seen. Not wanting to miss a chance for what I have been craving for long..." Anika said and pinched my cheeks hard. What the -. Nobody has the freaking right to pinch my damn cheeks. My body became stiff at her touch and I placed my hands on it, exploring it softly. She did it so hard that, it was a little hot and maybe a slight red. That girl, I swear.

"Boom !" And I was sure she was Anika, once again pissing me off.

"What the hell ! I tell you if you don't go by yourself, I would do something which might not count in my chivalrous nature." I said with anger radiating of me.

"Relax Shivaay, its me Sharvi." I saw Sharvi being frightened from my sudden fury.

"Oh, its you. I thought, you are her." I said to turn and gave an apologetic look that hovered for only a second.

"Her ?" She said and I clarified,

"Anika."

"Oh yeah, she probably the guts to do something like that." She said beaming and catching me off guard leaning closer. "I wish I could tell you something." She said and my mind flickered at her words repeatedly.

"Okay..." I said unsure and she laughed.

"Well gotta go, to visit Om. And are you fine ?" She asked and I responded to the second time, "yes I am."

"Bbye !" She said and I nodded trying to divert my attention from her dimple. Its disturbing.

"Shivaay, son you here at this godly hour ?" My mother snickered and I clenched my teeth. "I heard Om is hospitalized. And now, you are here ?" She said.

"Oh, so you care about us ? And Why, you want me to leave ?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Are you fine ? And Why do you think like that child ?" She asked sugar coating, her words did not pleased me.

"I am fine, What do you want ?" I said and she responded as if caught red handed.

"Nothing. You continue." She said and I thanked the almighty for sparing me.

Believe me, she always do something like that to piss me. I avoid talking to her because it won't took even a minute to turn the conversation to the verbal battle field. I checked on Dadi, a little bit worried for her because of last night. I went to her room and all my suspicions cleared. She was sleeping peacefully.

I tucked the duvet till her chin. Kissing her forehead I headed to go, when there was a ring at the door. Nobody approached it and I headed myself to open, to see her again. Anika.

"Are you fine ?" She asked and I cringed.

"I am fine, for God's sake !" She was taken aback and seriously I have answered that question for like three times and now again ! Her look was suddenly replaced by a cute smile. Cute, what the hell Shivaay. She dragged me to my room, I assume.

"I have some job to do." She said and gave a wider smile.

Heya cuties ! Hope you like the chapter. Please hit the vote button if you liked it. Your few seconds of work, would tell me that my work is appreciated. Thank you.