9: The Almost Cliché Moment

CHAPTER 9: THE ALMOST CLICHÉ MOMENT

"Mercedes Benz" everybody whispered as I stepped down my car. The place was more dirty than I expected.

Dusting the dirt from my blazer, I knocked on her door. She was making me wait, this was not good. Maybe she has gone to hospital. Still, I waited for a while. The door opened revealing a small boy, gawking at me. I raised my eyebrows, and he suddenly closed the door. What ? I knocked again.

"Who is there Sahil ?" I heard a voice and immediately recognised its owner. Thank god, she is fine.

"Someone, I don't know." He answered. Stupid boy. Doesn't he has the decency to treat the elders with respect. The door ultimately opened again, and I saw a wounded Anika.

She looked at me flabbergasted probably thinking about my sudden appearance. "Shivaay !" She said softly.

"You know him ?" The boy asked.

"Go to your room Sahil." She said, and he retreated from the room with the aid of his crutches.

"Hey !" I tried to reply enthusiastically.

"Hello !" She said and motioned me to sit. I nodded my head gratefully and she laughed. Isn't she laughing all the time ?

"You okay ?" I said unsure and she nodded smiling.

"You can't even say thank you, no ?" She asked.

"Um.." I did not no what to reply.

"Its okay." She assured. "I am not that hurt." She said and I looked at her disbelievingly. Her hand was wounded and her elbows were bloody too.

"You are." I said and she shrugged it off with, it's nothing expression.

"Actually I didn't knew you came. If, you know, you would have told me, this would not have happened." I said trying to make it look like an apology. She smiled, giving me a quick nod.

"I know you won't say sorry but you are." She said.

"Sort of" I replied.

"Should I bring you water ?" She asked and I replied in affirmation. As she was going, she hit on her hand, where the wound was. "Ouch !" She exclaimed and I rushed over to make her settle down.

"Why are you so clumsy ?" I asked and she looked at me gaping.

"Excuse me," she said and I ignored her.

"Where are the bandages ?" I asked looking at her. She was going to protest when I glared at her.

There was a silence, for a few minutes as I held her injured hand. The heat from her body moved through me in a great speed, and I could do nothing but to feel her hands. They were kinda soft. Oh god ! Did I really say that. She looked at me, as if studying me and thinking about something deeply.

"Bandages ?" I asked and she quickly recovered.

"I will bring it. You won't be able to find it." She said and I released her hand, only to hold it again. "She raised her eyebrow.

"Be careful Anika." I said and she gave me a teeny weeny smile.

"I will."

"I will apply it." I said and she declined.

"No !" She said as if it wasn't the most obvious thing.

"No one defies the order of Shivaay Singh Oberoi." I said.

"No one, but me." She said giving a cheeky smile. And the ultimate puppy face. Don't fall for it Shivaay, she has learnt this from Rudra.

"Rudy trained me." She said giving me a knowing look.

"I guessed." I replied.

"Okay, you can apply. But you owe me." She said and I thought about how more childish she can be. I gave her a thumbs up.

I took the antiseptic and dipped cotton into it. She flinched when it reached her wound so I blew over it. Isn't it cliché ? Just like the drama my mother watches. I was busy thinking when she winced loudly. "I am...I am...uh, it was a mistake." I said feeling bad.

"Do one thing, Shivaay. Please let me handle it. Its really painful." She explained and I nodded. Okay, so it was cliché.

"Done." She said. "Wasn't it cute of you, to apply it yourself just like a hero." She said, clapping her hands together and I tried not to cringe at her for the choice of the words.

"You are too much into movies, I suppose." I said and she paused.

"You, a saint ?" She asked and I shook my head. "Have you met me before, like 2 years ago ?" She asked again and I plastered the same answer. "Okay, well then do you have any super natural abilities ?" She asked frustrating me.

"No !" I said strictly.

"Well, then how did you knew ?" And oh my god, shouldn't the best actor award go to Anika. Om has told be that she is a drama queen but to a extent like this. She made a fuss about my correct prediction over the movies thing.

"You bored me." I said and she looked at me amused.

"Do I look like a entertainer ?" She asked and I glared at her. Seriously so many lame jokes in a day. That's why Rudra and Anika made a great combination.

My cell ringed, and I picked it up in an instant. "Shivaay Singh Oberoi ! Where the hell are you ?" I recognised badepapa's voice as it blasted through the speakers. Anika looked at me, taken aback and I put down the phone.

"Well, I have work. Bye." I said and hurried towards my car. This is not good.

I reached to my office straight and spotted an angry badepapa. The thing I dreaded. "Why the freaking hell did you cut my phone ?" He asked venomously.

"I was somewhere."

"Something office related ?" He asked. I shook my head. "Well, then you are grounded to office for today. No protests, or the duration won't be for a day only." He said and stormed out. My PA looked at me shocked and I shouted at her.

"Go back to your work." She nodded scared.

I threw my phone in frustration and pulled my hair. Why did this happen to me only ? Why is God not kind ? I know I shouldn't let him control my life as Om said but how I don't know. They don't understand, its difficult. He shouts and insults me whenever he feels like, not caring about me a little bit. Only if I knew what my mistake was !

Heya cuties ! Back again and hope you liked the update. Keep supporting me and forgiving me for late updates. Turn the star orange. Thank you !