27: Good Night and Sweet Dreams

CHAPTER 27: GOOD NIGHT AND SWEET DREAMS

She hugged her coat tightly as the cold wind became severe.

"Sahil are you cold ?" She asked, her teeth chattering.

"I am a big man. So no." He shrugged but I could see him shivering.

I took out my coat and gave it to him. He looked at me disbelievingly, telling me he did not need because he has grown up and returned the same. I ignored his sentence and handed him. "Take it little man."

Reluctantly he took the coat. Being petite cause of his age, it covered him entirely making it earn a chuckle from her.

"You didn't had to do that." She said referring to the coat. I ignored. She dramatically gasped. "Aren't you feeling cold."

I shook my head. She muttered something that I could not hear but I knew the the words wouldn't have been appreciable.

Handing the money over to the guy they munched on the ice creams. "Its yummy." Sahil squeaked.

"Why are you not eating ?" She asked licking it.

"Cause its already cold and I don't want to catch cold. It may affect the business as well." I said thinking deeply.

"You and your business." She mocked. "Why didn't you tell me not to eat ? You don't care about us no ? What if we catch a cold ?" She said raising her eyebrow.

"Being the stubborn you, I knew you won't listen to me, hence I saved my piece of advice." And here comes my inner voice.

I don't care about her.

Maybe you do.

Then also what ? She wouldn't have listened to me.

But you could have been persistent.

But why should I ?

Because you care about her.

No.

Okay, because you are nice.

Yes, that's the reason.

"Interesting." She spoke giving me a sly smile. "For a guy who met me two weeks back, you sure know a lot about me. I am impressed."