15: Down the Meadow

CHAPTER 15: DOWN THE MEADOW

"Are you coming Shivaay ?" Anika asked shouting over the door. The girl can't be silent for a moment. Can't she be like other girls who take more time than men to get ready. Why is this the other way round ?

"Where is Sahil ?" I asked. "He is sleeping. The exhaustion took over him." She replied. "Okay, so will he be fine here alone ?" She further asked. "Definitely Di. I am young man of 10 years. I can take care of myself." The little monster emerged from the washroom looking delighted with a fat headedness.

"Sahil, go to bed early okay and don't tarry around." Anika hooted in my ear. She can be really noisy at times.

Walking down the aisle, she was beaming. She protested when I asked her to take my car giving a foolish reason that it's too close. Credit goes to the Google maps. I mean, looking at her, doesn't seem that she has a even a little ounce of intelligence but then again we should never judge a book by it's cover !

"Is your body made up of bore cells ?" She asked nudging me, breaking my chain of thoughts ? "Is your body made up of plasma ?" I answered her with a question. She gave me a confused look that gave rise to her pout.  "It's the 4th physical state of matter in which the particles are in a super excited state. I think that's the reason why you are always lazing around excitedly and gleefully." I stated. "I laze around and- and what do you do ?" She further questioned. Her arms being a refugee at her waist with her eyes squinted. "All you do all day is blabber on your Bluetooth and bark orders." "Really and what do you do ? I don't even know your profession. And every time I see you, it seems that you laze around in a super excited state." I backfired.

The atmosphere around us suddenly became silent and we both began travelling at supersonic speed until the market place came in sight with she doing slight huh's for the dramatic effects.

Inside the mall, the song Mi Gente was being played in a soft note. The aura became a little magnificent. Well, the Spanish song is a great hit and has its glory world wide.

The thing I enjoyed most while shopping with Anika was the horrified looks she gave as she interacted with each piece of clothing item. Her expressions were different every time and I had a hard time controlling my tickle glands. Not even a word, I suppose.

At last she had decent clothes with her approval but her tantrums still hit the list. She would make cute faces every time I would see her and then would give goofy smiles. "Let's go." I said but her voice made me stop. "Statue." She declared. I froze. I don't know why ? Rudra, Om and I used to play this game and we had a habit instilled to become statue whenever someone says the same.

She came closer and gently yet swiftly took out my wallet. Why did she did that ??? "Let's eat no, this candyfloss looks delicious", she said her hungry eyes aiming at the delicacy. She looked at me and laughed. "Statue over." She declared and asked me to tag alone. And Om said she would get lost in this new country !!!

Watching her eat was miserable, every time I would look at her she would try to offer me some even thou I would have declined a million times. Eventually, she stuffed some into my mouth and I quite hate to admit it wasn't that bad. Being a noble, as they took me for the same, I wasn't allowed to eat from outside. I was being fed the fiction that it would only result into your stomach being constipated and you being unhealthy. This would make me a liability to the family.

Suddenly anger surge in through me and I started walking on my own. I don't have mood swings. My permanent mood is like a scowl on my face and having exceptions some times. She would always remind me of my past to which I want to escape. Maybe it wasn't a good idea to go shopping with her.

From my peripheral vision, I noticed her tagging along. Gradually she reached my side and started humming a tune. She didn't spoke for which I am extremely grateful of but her singing skills as per the information provided by Om is not good. She is like an average bathroom singer.

"Anika, stop humming." I said to which she for a moment considered. And then a minute after, she started again. I knew asking her to stop would be a mere failure and hence continued walking.

"Listen.." she said with sincerity in her voice for the first time. I looked at her surprised and she giggled. Well I was wrong. "So have you come here for the first time ?" She asked. "No." I said serenely. She kept her fingers over her chin and seemed to think about something deeply.

"So, would you like to some good deeds so that God would bless you." She said being a saint. I gave her if-you-don't-shut-up-i-will-kill-you-look, still it proved to be a failed attempt. "Hmm, carry on." I said extremely bored. "Well, would you take a lonely passenger to its love of her life." I stared at her disbelievingly. "You have a BOYFRIEND ?" I asked not able to believe. She has a freaking boyfriend. "No silly", she patted on my back swaying her head and them looking over realising that she is being more than comfortable with me.

" Just tag with me no. I have a huge fetish for it " she said clapping her hands like a child. Just like I have for dimple girls. Oh, I remember something from this.

"Hey are you invited to Sharvi's party due next weekend ?" I asked in between. "I think...I was having a serious conversation with you about the love of my life." She said seriously. "Geez, but yes she invited me. Any problem ? Now, don't interrupt in between." She demanded. "So should we go ??" She said her eyes mixed with that of innocence and happiness. Dragging my hand, she led me to a meadow.

The fresh smell of the tress surrounding us and the sky that was dark blue glistened the atmosphere. It was pleasant and so peaceful that one would want to be their and spend each and every moment on this heaven. Inhaling a sharp smell, a hand led me down. We both sat under the sky with a calming silence penetrating, which was suddenly broken by a voice which now seemed inviting and soothing. "Let's watch the stars."

Heya cuties !! I am back, so happy to write again. During the exams it seemed at the wattpad was beckoning me. I hope this chapter meets your aspirations. Thank you !