3: Oh, I love to make Children

CHAPTER 3: OH, I LOVE TO MAKE CHILDREN

As we settled on the lean chairs, I noticed her. She looked a teeny weeny better than average girls. She had no make up on, only a bit of gloss and eyeliner. The awkward silence followed and I didn't knew, what should I talk about. She too seemed confused.

"So...." I said and she looked at me with a twinkle in her eyes. I forgot what was I saying and she let the hope float. I never had a conversation with anyone except my family members, which either goes very bad or too good. I never had a chat with a girl, because every time they come to me they act clingy. I didn't knew what type of girl she is. "Who are you ?" I asked and she looked at me, as if I had a cockroach on my face. She was flabbergasted. Well, wasn't it a good start ? I literally don't know. I really thought that was the best thing I could come up with. I thought that way I can know about her.

"I am Anika." She said and I mentally slapped myself. She thought I didn't even knew her name. And wait a minute, only Anika ?

"You are Anika...." I said and she repeated.

"Only Anika." I nodded. Weird, isn't it. She didn't had a surname. Everyone has.

"Actually I wanted to ask who are you not in the sense what is your name." I said and her eyes immediately flickered and lighted. I think she got my point.

"Oh, I am Anika. The khidkitod Anika. I love to make children and admire friends." She said all excited and I burst out laughing. She did the last whole line wrong. That was such a humorous one. Really, she should get the award for the best joke of the year, no a century would be fine. I looked at her, and she was giving me a sheepish, lopsided grin. And then she stared at me.

Shit. I laughed. God. Shit. Shit. Shit. A deep shit. Its been an enormous amount of time, when I have laughed publicly. Its always when I am with my brothers, but now she too has witnessed it. I never let anyone open me up. And then I was back with the main image that everyone sees. I am Shivaay Singh Oberoi and I have to maintain decorum. My life isn't normal and I can't laugh like that. The usual frown etched up on my face and I pressed my lips into a thin line, moving a hand through my hair indicating my signature step.

I looked at her and she had confusion embedded all over her face. "I am sorry, that was by mistake." I gave her a firm nod and she acknowledged it with a hint of disappointment. "Why did you stopped laughing ? You should be like that more often. You looked good." She said and I glared at her.

"Its none of your business." I said before I went to the other side of the club. This is bad. Its shouldn't have went like this.

From my peripheral vision, I saw someone approaching her and sitting beside her. She already seemed hurt through my words and now she was uncomfortable too. I don't care, how she felt. With that thought I looked over and saw my brothers and Sharvi enjoying their time. I noticed Sharvi closely. She too was looking good in her midi. She had brown curls and a dimple, that looked really nice. She was swaying with a boy and at times laughing and talking. I made a note, that she was the type of girl, who doesn't care about the world and enjoys to be in her own la-la land.

I didn't wanted to see there but I did and I noticed that now Anika was laughing and talking with the same guy. Her hands were on his shoulder and she was going hysteric. She looked happy, more happier with him.

That's why I don't talk to people, because I have a habit of getting attached to them easily and they have a habit of always breaking my trust. Its been almost 12 years since I had a proper talk with anyone except my brothers and dadi.

I noticed the guy, taking her onto the stage and together, they made some rhythmic moves. They looked good. I noticed my brothers and Sharvi too joined and they together hopped on the music. They all looked lively and content. That's how I always wanted to be, carefree and jolly but that wasn't destined. Anika was jumping up and down, hooting while the boys were following her lead. We had a eye contact, and like in a jiffy she turned her head and continued to enjoy herself. It better be like this. I don't want to get attached to anyone, they always break trust.

I looked ahead and just made myself drown in the office work in my mind. Calculating the required expenses, yeah my maths is too strong and thinking about the ways I could handle my presentation more easily.

Minutes later, someone came and tugged my hands. I widened my eyes and saw Rudra asking me to come over and dance. I shrugged it and asked him to leave. He was persistent and tried relentlessly. I finally gave up and his eyes brightened. I joined the gang, and if on an instant, the song changed to a slow, romantic one. Well, was my entry that much heroic ?

Everybody grabbed their partners. Rudra with Anika, Om with Gauri and Sharvi with the same guy who talked to Anika. A girl was left and I took her hand.

"Bhaiya !" Rudra called and I turned to see him with puppy eyes. Okay, it has become such a old trick but every time it worked.

I mouthed a "what" and he said, "Bhaiya, please let me dance with Aeshanya, and you can take Anika Di." Anika's eyes widened as a hawk and she glared at Rudra. He must have nicely from her afterwards. With that, he gave me her hand and whispered, "take good care of my Anika Di." I nodded and pulled her towards me.

Heya everyone, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you so much for commenting and voting and not being a ghost reader. Really appreciate it and I will try to make you glued to the story. Please stay connected and vote for it. Love you all.