Chapter 9

"Control that's all you have to do, though I don't mind you killing Hanji." Eren cheers on the side as they walk through the halls of Armin's house.

"You're not helping." he scolded, he saw Armin elbowed the alpha. How dare he touch his alpha! Alright, control, or ignore. Right just ignore it, their best friends after all.

'He touched your alpha!!' the voice screamed at him.

Ignore, ignore, ignore his rational mind repeated those words like a chant.

Long ago, according to Hanji's father: that omegas are classified as savages, they are more aggressive than alpha especially if the Omega had pups. In tribes, Omegas are known as the defenders since they stay in the tribe and kills anyone who trespasses their territory while alphas are out for hunting.

Its seem that the ancient Omega instinct was awakened within Levi. The cause maybe his uncle's training and the will to survive during pit fights. Levi notices it while fighting but he thinks it's adrenaline rush. Now he knows about the dynamics and he got a mate, his ancient instinct switched from survival to being possessive.

Armin's first step of Levi's instincts control will start at being close with Hanji without attacking her. He had to at least shake her hand and if he manage to do that without attacking or hurting the other then they'll have to proceed to examinations and other medical shit because Hanji is actually his doctor.

Levi arrived at the living room, he felt uneasy. His instincts tries to break free as he caught sight of the beta sitting on the sofa.

Hanji notices them, her smile became wider and scarier like an insane person's smile. She jumps out of the couch and gave Levi a bear hug. Armin backs away and forced Eren to move away too. They both eyed the two. Armin is readying himself to run just in case Levi snapped again and see him as a threat while Eren readies for the opposite. No matter how much he finds Hanji annoying she is still a friend.

"Levi, Levi, Levi!!!!!" Hanji squealed, hugging Levi tighter. "From now on, you are my best friend!"

Levi wanted to snap her neck and rip her apart for touching him. But he won't, he wanted to see the outside world and fast. He had to control this.

'Why did you let her touch you?! Only your alpha can touch you!!!' the voice screamed again.

The beta didn't let go of him, her hug became tighter and tighter. His ancient instincts screamed and screamed at him. But he had to control it, he can't let this ancient instinct control him forever.

"Oh, Hi Eren!" the beta greeted. She tightens her hold around the Omega to fully tested his strength. She knows she will activate the wrath again if she turned her attention to Eren. It's also a test in the omega's control. Although Armin told her not to do it, she can't help it she wanted to experience the wrath again and gather more data.

She expected the Omega will attack her or pinned her to the floor again but what happened surprised not only her but Armin and Eren as well.

An omegan cry.

She felt the shorter male's body went limp on her embrace. He let out another cry, calling for his mate, the room was filled with scents of distress and was mixed with a dominant's anger and possessiveness

"Oh dear," Hanji yelped as the alpha marched to them, eyes glowing gold, teeth bared and ready to bite.

He shoved Hanji out of his mate, shielding him with his body. She landed hard on the floor but she felt great! Despite the death glare that Eren gave her.

Eren crooned at his mate, distress still hangs in the air. Levi whimpered on his chest, pressing himself on his mate.

The last one was too much for Levi. His heart is breaking when this Hanji called his alpha, his instinct got him good by saying:

She's going to steal your alpha and your not doing anything? Destroy the beta!' the voice ordered.

But he wants to get out of this place fast, but in exchange for his alpha? No, his just over thinking it. Alpha will help and alpha did come to rescue.

"Hanji! Don't do that again! Levi is still adjusting, you can't just do what you want for the sake of science!" Armin came to help and scold the beta.

"But Armin~" Hanji whined.

"No! You need control training too!" Armin shouted at her like he's the boss. Armin turned to the mates.

Levi is still whimpering and Eren tries everything to soothe his Omega. Armin can sense his best friend's anxiety, Levi kept giving off scents of distress and it's getting stronger and stronger. Levi needed a break, a real break.

"Eren, Levi needs a break, a time out of everything. And you're the only one that can help him with that." Eren nodded in agreement.

"Both of you can stay here for while, I stay in Hanji's. Besides, we had a lot to discuss, right Hanji?" Armin gazed at her. But the beta just put up a cheeky smile.

"Thank you, Armin." Eren hug his mate tighter.

"And this is also your break from work! No gadgets for you."

"Of course."

Armin can help but smile, his best friend is a workaholic. They rarely see each other. Maybe this is a perfect time to call Mikasa. She needed to meet Levi too.

Armin hopes that everything will go smoothly. He started to worry more about Hanji's actions though.