Chapter 22

Hanji stared blankly at him. So, he's virgin. Was that what he was worribg about? Hanji couldn't laugh because the way the Omega said it, it was like he's carrying a huge burden.

"Okay. I don't think Eren will not want that," Hanji whistled. She meant like, every Alpha wanted their mated Omegas that way, it added to the Alpha's pride to be their mate's first.

"You don't understand! Carla gave me the opportunity to try stuff and I did! I got into a heated situation with Eren and I couldn't handle it, so I signalled him to stop...."

"You do have the right to do so, Eren will understand."

"No! I was the one who started it, I provoked Eren, I forced him to it and... and... I'm the one who took a step back.... because you know...." Levi mumbled the rest and hid behind the giant plush.

"Does this have to do with you going to school?" Hanji asked. Nanaba also called her to let her know that Levi would be joining classes of his choice.

"Yeah, I... felt so ashamed of myself. I... get startled when he touches me, then seeing his pained expression... He always said that he understands but... I hurt him! Because I'm afraid... I'm not ready..."

"If you always say that you're not ready, you'll be waiting forever."

Levi eyes widened at her words, he looked down on his lap as he let the idea sink in. Tears started to fall from his eyes again. He usually didn't cry like this, it made him feel weak but somehow he felt good. Like it was sharing what's in his mind and what's he's feeling lessen the weight in his chest.

"That is why we need to prepare you!" Hanji switched back to her old self.

"...... Okay." Levi hesitated but agreed, I mean, his batshit crazy 'best friend' said something out of her character that made him respect and trust her.

"Say Levi do you know where babies came from, specifically?" Hanji said in her dead serious, doctor tone.

"Ahh... I don't have any knowledge about that, but it had something to do with....." Levi hesitated as a bright blush was painted on his face.

"Levi, you say what you needed to say. I'm a doctor, those words are nothing to me."

"It had something to do with fucking."

"Do you how this 'fucking' works?" Hanji excused Levi's choice of words, the Omega did live his life underground with thugs and all, he must have picked his vocabulary on them.

"When my opponents were Alphas they shout how they want to do me, 'I'm gonna stick my cock in your ass and impregnate you' and such, which didn't make any sense to me. I'm mean why in the ass? Or it was just an expression?"

"Perhaps a proper sex education will do the trick. Out of curiosity, have you seen babies before?"

"Pups? I've never seen babies in my life, all I know that they are small human beings and they grow to adults."

"Can you walk? I want to show you something," Hanji held his hand.

"I think, I'm fine."

"Then, please follow me."

They walked silently to the halls, Levi avoided eye contact with the nurses that greeted Hanji. Guilt struck him when he remembersled how he glared and actually hurt the people who only tried to help him. They stopped at the door that was named "Nursery". Hanji opened the door and the sounds of crying babies flooded the halls.

The sanctuary was well-equipped with high-quality medical equipment that was suited for Omegas, that's the reason why mated Omegas that lived outside the walls preferred to go to the sanctuary's hospital than the general hospital outside. 

Levi stepped inside the room, the lighting was dim but enough to able to see everything in the room. There were cribs, perfectly lined up with name tags on each. Levi approached the crib with the baby that was crying. His eyes widened at the sight, the infant was so small with his small hands, small feet, with tiny fingers and toes. The little one curled up his fist, his small mouth opened as he wept The little guy had no teeth and Levi thought that it was so cute.

The infant continued to cry, disturbing his neighbours that were currently drifted to dreamland. Levi had the sudden urge to scoop the infant in his arms and take away everything that made him cry and protect him. But the babe looked so small and fragile, what happens if he dropped him? Or made his crying worst? But he couldn't 't just stood there and do nothing!

"Go on," Hanji encouraged at the sideline.

"What happens if I drop him? I don't know how to hold him. I might make his crying worst and I don't know what to do when that happens," Levi reasoned.

"You are an Omega, you don't need to be a cheesy, typical Omega to be able to do Omegan stuff. Just try and I think, my were eardrums were about to brust with all his crying."

Levi glared at her. It was not the baby's fault that he was hurt, uncomfortable or anything that made him cry. That's his only way to communicate. Absentmindedly, Levi gently picked him up from his crib and started rocking the infant in his arms. After a few seconds, the cries died down and the infant drifted to sleep.

Hanji watched as the raven Omega continued to cradle the infant. Levi looked so calm and so natural. Like it was programmed on his DNA that no matter how blood-thirsty Levi was, he's still an Omega by the end of the day.

Levi gently returned the infant in his crib and he scanned around the others. He liked seeing them so peaceful and didn't give a fuck on what's happening on the word.

"Levi," Hanji called out. "I think it's time for your sex education class."

----

edited 03/15/21