|> Byakuya Togami x Makoto Naegi <|> NSFW <|

Warnings: SMUT, YAOI

~

      Naegi felt his hands clench shakily, fingers wound around the chain like fencing where he and the few remaining survivors were kept back from Celestia Ludenburg as the flames licked and flickered around her, towering higher and higher and higher, threatening to slowly and painfully choke out her life.

     From somewhere through the gloom, somewhere beyond the small orange and red glow of the curling flame, came a low-pitched wail which set Naegi on edge. A faint red flashing light came through the shadows afar, and Naegi's stomach dropped in worry. A hand gently rested on his shoulder and Naegi cast a weary glance over his shoulder at Byakuya Togami, before turning back when he gave a gentle squeeze. A fire truck came careening through the shadowy dark and was airborne before anyone could utter a single cry. Asahina's cry overlaid the sickening metallic crunch, and wet thump as the hot-pink blood splattered out like a gaudy, grim fountain.

     "Naegi," A voice called to him, but his eyes were absentmindedly lingering in the middle distance, zoned completely out on the pink remnants of a life which had once been known as Celestia Ludenburg.

    "Naegi," A more stern voice commanded his attention and he gladly pulled his eyes from the hypnotically despairing scene, meeting the hard blue eyes of Togami.

     "Huh?" Naegi stammered out and Togami, hand still rested on his shoulder, gave Naegi a gentle squeeze.

      "Naegi, there's no point in staying here now, come on," Togami commanded and let his hand slide down Naegi's sleeve, his cool hand cooled around his wrist and turned, beginning to drag him back through the trial room, and the others stumbled along behind, rejoining them in the elevator.

     "Naegi," Asahina trilled in alarm, blue eyes going wide as she raised a hand tentatively to Naegi's face, pushing the brown hair back from his forehead, feeling the cool, pale skin. "Are you okay? You're pale, and cold, and you don't seem well-"

      "He'll be fine," Togami insisted, giving a gentle tug on Naegi's arm, his grip still firmly locked around him, and Asahina's hand fell away, Naegi's hair flopping back into place.

     "But-" Asahina tried, but Togami gave her a cutting look, and she pressed her lips together tightly.

      "I'll take him up to the infirmary, don't worry about it," Togami said dismissively and shook his blonde hair away from his eyes as the elevator began to rise back up into the school. His grip loosened and dropped down slightly, and Naegi's face flushed a rosy pink as Togami linked their hands together, in front of everyone. Kirigiri's eyes watched on curiously, and Fukawa looked outraged, but a sharp jab in the ribs from Asahina silenced her.

     The elevator came to a halt, back on the ground floor. The iron grate and doors pulled open and they all disembarked, back on the ground floor. 

      "Alright, kiddos, have a new floor to explore!~" Monokuma trilled over the intercom before it crackled out of life and a silence fell over the remaining six once more.

      "We should investigate the new floor, see what we have to work with now," Kirigiri said contemplatively, putting a finger against her chin as her eyes cast around the survivors, however she knew full well that Naegi and Togami likely wouldn't be helping the investigation.

     They trooped up a few flights of stairs, however a sharp pull on Naegi's arm, dragging him back into the shadows, and a cool hand clamping down over his mouth to muffle the surprised gasp meant that the remaining four continued up the stairs, not noticing a thing.