XV.

❝CHAPTER 15

CHAPTER 15.

the incident.

they'd decided to name it that.

an umbrella term to what had really happened, to sweep the graveness of said events under the rug and make it seem a little less serious than what it truly was.

it'd been on a monday morning, similar to this one, a cool autumn day of waking up next to the warmest boy on the phase of earth.

yoongi had barely dragged himself out of bed that day, only to stay clinging to the warmth radiating from the latter. it was only when taehyung himself got up, that yoongi followed.

he grumbled and whined, continued to do so even as taehyung served him a bowl of cereal for breakfast, as well as his usual cup of black coffee that the older couldn't function without.

that morning taehyung hadn't uttered a word since they'd woken up, listening and maybe forcing a smile onto his face when yoongi said something that was meant to be funny.

yoongi noticed right away, frowning and asking the same question he'd always ask when taehyung woke up this way.

"are you okay, tae tae?" and taehyung shrugs and nods, a contradiction.

"what's wrong?" yoongi insist but taehyung ignores him and brushes past him, out the kitchen without spearing him a glance.

yoongi doesn't push it after that. his brows are furrowed in annoyance that morning and they stay furrowed until they get to school, where namjoon waits with a grin, cigarette between his fingers and a bored jungkook standing beside him.

yoongi ignores the youngest boy's eye bags, decides not question him and instead grabs taehyung's wrist and pulls him to his side.

the latter pulls away though, quite harshly for that matter and yoongi wants to yell.

what? he thinks, he's never...

taehyung doesn't spare him a glance, looks right past him and the other two boys and to the double doors that lead to the inside of the school.

yoongi watches, tunes out namjoon's voice as he tries to understand...analyze what was going through taehyung's head.

but he was just...blank.

no emotion, not even a hint of a smile.

at some point, yoongi looks down, sees taehyung's hand limb against his side and ponders for a split second before looking away and back towards namjoon.

but his pinky wraps around the other's index finger and then there's warmth pooling at his tummy but he ignores it, maybe subtlety takes a few steps closer towards taehyung until their shoulders are pressed together and feels as the taller boy slowly but surely, wraps his finger around his.

namjoon waves at them goodbye, having the bell ring so loudly and snapping both the teens out their thoughts and watching as jungkook followed with a groan and a mutter of curses.

taehyung yanks his hand back, and swallows thickly. yoongi stares up at him but then looks away when the teen doesn't look back, "...lets go." he mutters.

but they ended up late to class that day anyway.