XVIII.

❝CHAPTER 18

CHAPTER 18.

it was late.

taehyung was breathing steadily next to yoongi as the older boy scribbled into his beat up notepad, 4 am displayed on the digital clock beside the pair and taunting yoongi with its flashing red numbers.

it was aggravating but 4 am was the best time to write, to mark down his worries and concerns, his fears and regrets and turn them into lyrics; music for him to keep for himself and maybe one day, when he's brave enough, let the world know. these days however, all he's songs are directed to a certain person; a specific boy who's been making his lips ache as well as his heart for weeks now, turning his lyrics into sappy love songs that just meant too much for yoongi to scrap.

so at 4 am he could only write four words into his notebook before hiding it in between his mattress.

i love kim taehyung.

with that he let himself curl up against said boy's side, snuggled into the crook of his neck, where he pressed blood-red lips against a bobbing adam's apple and saying he's a little startled when long arms wrap around his waist, is an understatement.

he squeaks in surprise and looks up to meet with hooded chocolate eyes, sleep still as clear as day behind long lashes but it's all brushed off when taehyung pressed his forehead to yoongi's and let's their noses bump.

he doesn't close the distance and neither does yoongi. they just let their breaths mingle and noses rub affectionately before pulling each other as close as they can, to feel the heat for as long as possible.

yoongi's arms come up to wrap around the younger teen's neck and his leg slips over taehyung's thighs.

"i love you too, yoongi-hyung." taehyung croaks and maybe yoongi hides his cheeks in embarrassment.

"yeah, yeah, i know." he says, but his cocky grin crumbles when taehyung presses his nose to the blonde's jaw, that clenches under the subtle touch.

"why are you up so late?" he asks in that deep, velvety voice of his and yoongi shivers, hot breath and bruising kisses not making the situation any better.

"writing stuff into that little notebook of yours, confessing how much you love me to a piece of paper and not to my face."

yoongi scoffs, subconsciously tilts his head back to let taehyung have better access to his neck, which is being littered by blooming purples and reds at 4 in the morning.

"you're such a fucking brat, kim taehyung, i don't know why i put up with you."

yoongi has to heave out a sigh, however, when taehyung nibbles on a certain part near the center of his throat.

"pretty hyung. my pretty hyung. all for me." the younger boy says, or rather groans and yoongi's searching for words, something to respond with, maybe something cheeky but his mouth is slack and he can't seem to form words. his eyes find the ceiling, gazing up in a daze, pupils blown and eyes glistening under the entering light of the moon through his bedroom window.

"you woke up horny or somethin'?" he manages to whisper lazily and taehyung tenses. it's like he's snap out a trance and he quickly pulls back with red ears and an even redder face. his warm hands slip out from where they rested on yoongi's spine under his long tee (which actually belonged to taehyung himself) and come to rest on the other's clothed shoulders instead. yoongi almost whines

"i'm sorry hyung, i wasn't thinking straight...literally." but said teen just rolls his eyes. "yeah, i kind of noticed. i forgot you told me you're still going through your 'hormonal teen' stage which by the way, is a pretty shitty excuse."

"hey! don't make fun of my late puberty! at least i hit my growth spurt..." the last part is mumbled but yoongi hears it clearly and swiftly pulls out his cushion to slam it against the side of taehyung's head.

"asshole! catch these fucking hands-" but yoongi's sentence is cut short by the impact of taehyung's own cushion over the top of his head, a loud laugh echoing around the room.

yoongi isn't having any of his shit, though and he finds himself in a stance on top of the bed, cushion in hand and feet dipping into the soft mattress.

"okay, kim taehyung, this is war."

taehyung grins and cocks an eyebrow, soon standing up in the bed himself, in his own ridiculous stance, soft cushion squished between his hands as he shifts from one foot to another.

"alright, hyung, bring it on."