Chapter 25

TAPE SEVEN
- Liv -
"Caleb. I hope that every time you hear those two syllables, a chill runs down your spine. I hope that when you hear anybody say his name, your stomach drops and your heart races. I hope that you learned the truth. Maybe you knew it all along, either way, you chose not to share it. Olivia Jane, welcome to your tape. Caleb Logan deserved everything. He deserved the sun, moon, stars, oceans, sand, and he deserved all of heaven. But I didn't want this to mean he had to go to heaven. His life was stolen from him, he deserved at least the truth. And you acted as if he didn't. Spreading lies about my brother was basically saying he didn't deserve the truth. Liv, please help me to understand... what on earth compelled you to make up things so awful regarding my brother's death? The truth was laid out on a silver platter for you and the rest of the world to see. But you refused it, and got up and started making things up! You disrespected Caleb, who had done nothing to you, and then lost his life! You lied to millions of people, and about my dear brother! You stooped so low as to lie about somebody who couldn't even defend themselves... because they had passed away. Liv, the truth didn't cost anything, but these lies did. They cost you everything. They cost you respect, fame, love, and most of all... they cost you your best friend. Just like that. One disgusting lie, and *poof*! Your world fell apart. Just like mine did the night I had to face the truth. That night was October 1st, 7:08pm. And that, that was certainly not a lie. But the lies you told were enough to question every truth. Were we ever really best friends? Did you really think I was worth your time? Was I a friend for fame? I had no way of knowing. I mean, I could ask you, but how could I be sure that your answer wouldn't be a lie too? You left your scars. Ever since that day, I've always been scared to get too close to somebody. I didn't open up to any of my friends nearly as much as I did before you spread rumors. I had serious trust issues. The reason I have trust issues is because I'd been best friends with somebody with serious lying issues. Nothing can fix me now, I'm broken, Liv."