Twenty nine

Jo's pov

It's only been 11 hours and 43 minutes since Harry left and all I've been doing is laying in our bed, cuddling his pillow while staring at the ceiling.

I reach over Oliver, giving him a kiss on the top of his head and grab my phone. I decide to call someone I haven't talked to in about 2 1/2 years.

I dial Layla's number and hear it ring. On the third ring, I hear it pick up.

"Hello?" Layla sounds different and a bit confused, I guess she doesn't recognize my number.

"Layla?" I ask in disbelief, she doesn't sound like the girl I was best friends with in high school.

"Yes? Who is this?"

"Layla, it's Jo" I heard my voice crack and cringed.

"Oh my god Jo!" Layla practically screamed into the phone.

"I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come over? I need my bff right now."
I was twirling Oliver's fur around my finger.

"Of course I will! I haven't seen you in forever and I'm not doing anything today. Text me your address I'll be over in half an hour."

"Ok, I'll leave the door unlocked so just walk in when you get here."

"Ok, bye I love you."

"I love you too Layla."

     I send her my address and throw my phone back onto my bedside table.

Now we wait.
_______________________

I hear the door to my apartment slowly creek open.

"I'm over here" I call out, barely loud enough for her to hear.

I'm weak, but I stand up and open my door, ready to greet my best friend.

I stand in the hall and I watch her walk to me.

Holy shit, she looks so different but she looks the same at the same time. She's still intimidatingly beautiful.

"Oh my god." I squeak as I open my arms as she walks closer.

"I missed you so much." I rub her back as a way to comfort myself. Its like I'm telling myself that someone's there for me.

"I have so much to tell you." I say as I grab her hand and lead her to my room.

     We plop ourselves down on my bed. Ew. It's my bed, not our bed, that sounds gross to me. The littlest things make me sad.

"Where's Harry?" Layla asks looking around, noticing that he's not here.

     I can feel my eyes burning as I choke back tears. She didn't mean to, so I'll tell her.

"Well that's exactly what I asked you come over for." I look down and start ripping my nail polish off.

"Oh baby." She grabs me and hugs me like we used to. I can't help it anymore and I start bawling my eyes out for the millionth time today.

"H-he's gone L-Layla. He's really r-really gone." I fall apart in hundreds of thousands of pieces in my best friends arms.

"I'm so sorry baby." She tried to soothe me by rocking gently and playing with my hair.

     After half an hour, my wails have turned into slight whimpers. Me and Layla are laying down now, Harry's pillow wedged between us, me spooning both of them.

"How you doing now Jo?" Layla continues on playing with my hair, knowing it helps me.

"He left. We broke up. We're not talking anymore. I feel like half of me has been ripped off and was brought across the world. I feel the emptiest I have ever been. I constantly feel like I'm missing something and that something is someone I can't touch anymore." My voice is hoarse and quiet.

"What exactly happened? Are you guys not on good terms?"

"It wasn't your typical breakup. We didn't breakup cause we fell out of love or anything. We're still in love. But we broke up cause of one direction, they're making them move to America. They told Harry he had to leave me because they want him to be the 'heartbreaker' whatever the fuck that means." The word rolls off of my tongue in disgust.

"Oh" she quietly says as she takes her arm out from under the pillow and sits up

"Do you want to go out for ice cream?" I groan at the thought of going outside

Layla grabs my arm and pulls me out of bed. I guess the fresh air would be nice. I've been marinating in the same air for 13 hours now.

     I stay in the same clothes, but decide my hair is too messy to leave down.

     I throw my hair up into a bun, not really caring how it looks.

     I hop in the front seat of Layla's car. I run my hand along the car door as I shut it.

"You have a really nice car." I turn my body around to face the back of the car.

"Why thank you. Years of working at the movie theatre in the mall paid off I guess. I love him though" she said while rubbing the steering wheel.

"Him?" I asked chuckling, followed by a cough. My lungs hurt from crying.

"Yea, him. His name is Jensen." She proudly says while starting Jensen's engine.
_______________________

     I sit in Jensen, waiting for Layla to come out.

     Layla asked if she could stay the night so we stopped at her apartment to grab a bag.

     While eating ice cream, Layla decided we should text Tilly and Blaire, Layla also suggested that we all go out tonight. I really don't want to though.

     In the group chat, we all decided that we wanted to stay in, watch movies and eat like pigs.

     So, on our way to Layla's apartment, we stopped at the super market.

     We bought bags upon bags of crisps, more ice cream, popcorn and candy.

     We weren't kidding when we said we were going to eat like pigs.

When we walked into my apartment, it was covered in fairy lights with blankets and candles. It smells so good.

In front of the tv was a little fort. Tilly and Blaire poked their heads out and I feel my eyes burn with even more tears.
_______________________
I'm actually on time?!! Omg
I hope you enjoyed this chapter,
I'll see you lovelies soon

~S