Chapter 13

The Meguyer's had a simple New Year's Eve, but as it was with some of the family and many friends, it was still big.

Trina had said it would be this year at her parents' house, but Dan had insisted they wouldn't make any big changes just because of him.

He felt bad already, and he knew the party has been held in this house for years. Trina felt bad as he would be missing out and stuck in their room, but eventually agreed when he assured he would be okay.

At around 8 PM, the guests started to arrive and the brothers were upstairs in their room.

Aldo wasn't really in mood to a party nowadays for obvious reasons, so he was more than pleased to have keeping company to his brother as an excuse to skip it.

He had clearly noticed some change in Dan after they had watched the videos from the camera four days ago, and it wasn't a good one.

He had been confused about his sudden dash out and then hearing the bathroom door close and lock. He didn't expect that reaction from him, he normally shut down instead of running away.

Aldo couldn't have helped but feel a bit sad that this meant even he was too much for him. But so did Dan too, more than sad, he was ever so disappointed when he had been in the bathroom almost for an hour despite Aldo's worried pleading to open the door.

Was Dan shutting him out, again? He had cursed the damn freaking camera when he waited for him to come back.

Dan had come back in their room, quiet with puffy, red face. He just shook his head when his eyes met his brother's questioning ones and went to bed, soon falling asleep.

And from that on Dan had slept during the days too or pretended to, something what he hadn't done before and to say Aldo was worried was an understatement.

Dan wasn't showing sadness or happiness, just had an expressionless face around people, even Aldo. He couldn't handle or take things anymore, he was just trying to find a good moment and way to make his plan carried out.

That was hard, though, as Aldo stuck with him all the time and he couldn't go out either. It frustrated him and he was either quiet or snappy at him.

He wanted to make Aldo angry or something at him, so that he would leave him alone. And if he was annoying or snappy making him angry, he wouldn't miss him when...

Not that he would miss him as things were before, he thought.

But he seemed to have forgotten an important thing. Aldo was quick to get angry, but never ever would he get angry or even snap at his brother.

Neither of them really knew why, it was just so and that was good. Dan could trust him, and that made him come out of his shell for the first time to anyone in the first place.

Aldo was desperate to know what was wrong with him. He knew what caused it, but he sensed something deeper was going on in his brother's mind. He knew it was bad but not what it was, and he hated it.

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)