Chapter 4

I woke up and did my regular morning routine. I put on a khaki blouse and a blue skater skirt with black wedges and I curled my hair. I don't know why, but I felt in a dressy mood.

I went downstairs and into the kitchen. I gathered the water and my mother medicine and put it to the side. I opened the freezer and grabbed some pancakes. I put it in the microwave and grabbed some orange juice. I finished up the last bit of my homework while I ate my food. I threw away my food and headed towards my parents' room. My father was still asleep and my mother was up reading a book. I walked towards her and handed her the medicine and glass of water. "Have a good day baby girl." She said before coughing. I smiled and headed into the living room to look at the time, 7:43. Seven more minutes.

A hunk came from outside and I knew it was him. I grabbed my book bag and headed out the door. He was walking around his car, opening the door, "You look good." He said as I got into the car. "Thanks.." I said blankly. As he pulled off, I took a better look at him, "Why are you always at J.O, but you don't attend the school?" I asked him. He turned his head and looked and me for a moment and back.

"I get most of my money from there." He said. I raised my eyebrow at him. I guess he felt me still staring at him, "Don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about." He shook his head.

"I don't." I told him. He was silent for a few seconds. I guess he was trying to find something to say, "You must be a good girl." He smirked after saying that.

"Maybe, maybe not." I said, kind of feeling offended.

"Yea, you are." His smirk turned into a smile. As he smiled I noticed the silver tooth in his mouth. "What's that suppose to mean?" I asked.

"Nothing. It's a good thing. You're not like 'them'" He stated stopping in front of the school. I wanted to say something else, but he stopped me. "Have a nice day." He smiled, showing his perfectly aligned teeth. I opened the door but he pulled me back, "What's your name?" He asked.

"Miracle." I said before leaving. I walked towards the school and I got stares. "What were you doing in Don's car?" Summer came up to me. I glared at her.

"Maybe because you wouldn't give me a ride." I started walking up, maybe she should see how it is when the game is vise versa. An arm wrapped around my arm, "Baby mama, you cheating on me?" Charles came straight up to me.

"What you mean. You know you my one and only." I smiled at him.

"So why you in the car with another nigga? Especially Don." He said. Does everyone know him expect me? "He gave me a ride to school." I shrugged, removing his arm as I opened my locker. "Thought Summer drives you to school." He said confused.

"Yea, I do." Summer came up to us.

"So why she in the car with him?" Charles asked.

"He offered me a ride, and I accepted," I told them.

"He ain't nobody you need to be messing with." Charles told me. I sighed closing my locker. "There isn't nothing going on. All he did was drive me to school. No big deal." I brushed passed them.

The whole day people were spreading rumors about me and Charles and Summer were lecturing me. Who was he, what did he do? I knew after school I had to confront him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••