Chapter 26

I was at the hospital. Inside the waiting room, Summer and Charles sat with me. I was shaking and nervous. She couldn't die now, not now. My leg was shaking uncontrollably. I was nervous. They brought her here at 7 in the morning now it's 11.

I didn't like hospitals. They creep me out. "Miracle, she will be okay." Summer tried to comfort me.

"How do you know that?" I asked. I was mad at this point. I didn't want any sympathy crap. I just wanted this to be over with. I wanted my mother to be at home. "Miracle?" I heard my name called out. I got up and the doctor was there.

"Don't worry, your mother is okay. She couldn't breathe due to her coughing. You're lucky that you came to her when you did, and later she would not have made it. She is now breathing from an oxygen tank. You can go see her now." The doctor informed me.

I went into her room, 450. She looked so peaceful. I started to think how much easier it would be for her if she wasn't going through this. I didn't want her to leave, but I wanted the best for her.

I walk up to her bed and held on to her hand. I wanted to cry. I pulled up the chair that was in the room and sat next to her bed. I laid my head down next to her while still holding her hand.

There was a knock on the door, I held my head up and Charles and Summer walked in. "Hey, how is everything?" Summer asked.

"She hasn't awakened yet." I informed them.

"Are you okay?" Charles asked.

"Yea. As long as she is, I am." I said, trying to sound cheerful.

"Visiting hour is almost over." Charles continued. I looked back at my mother and sighed. I put the chair back and kissed my mother on her forehead. I wanted to stay, but I knew I couldn't. It was getting late I needed sleep.

When I made it home Don had called me. I didn't really want to answer because of what happened the other day. So I let it ring. I rolled my eyes and laid on my bed. It felt so weird to be home alone. I didn't really feel safe. My phone ringing interrupted my thoughts. I laid up and looked at my phone it was Don again. I answered, "What?"

"Don't answer me like that."

"I answer how I want to, what?" I heard him breathe hard on the other end before speaking again. "How is your mother?" He asked. I didn't know why he felt so concerned about me now after what happened the other night.

"She is okay." I replied. The line went silent. I didn't have anything to say to him. "Do you want me to come over? So you won't be alone? I could protect you at night." I could tell that he was smirking. I rolled my eyes. Did he really think that I put what he did to me behind me? "Sure." I said.

"Ight, open the door."

"What?" I said confused, but he hung up. I got up and headed to the front door. I opened it and he was there. Was I so predictable that he knew I was going to say yea? "Are you going to invite me in?" He asked. I opened the door wider stepping out of the way.

He came in and went towards my room, "Um, the living room is the other way." I said closing the door.

"I know." He said as he continued towards my room. I groaned aloud and went along. I went into my room and he was laying on my bed. "Yea, make yourself at home." I said sarcastically. I sat on the edge of the bed. It felt so weird, and the silence was so awkward. I still had nothing to say to him. I got up and got my clothes together so that I could take my shower.

While I was in the shower I heard the door open, "Don?"

"Yea?"

"Why the fuck are you in here? How did you get in here?" I yelled over the running water. I knew that I locked the door cause I was afraid that he would do something like this. "I had to go, and y'all only have one bathroom." I rolled my eyes. I didn't want to continue, I didn't want him to see me naked. I cut off the water, grabbed my towel, and wrapped it around myself. I pulled back the shower curtains and got out. His private part was currently out. "Oh my god." I said as I turned my back towards him.

My eyes couldn't believe what they saw. I didn't even want to explain how big it was. Don was currently laughing right now. He flushed the toilet and left the room. I groaned as I put on my clothes. I went back into my room and Don was laying in the same place. I went to the other side of him and got under the covers. I was tired and I wanted to go to sleep.

A few minutes past and Don had got up and came under the covers with me. He slid closer to me and wrapped his arms around me. I wanted this, although I didn't want it to go any farther than this. "Why are you so tense?" Don mumbled into my back. Was I really?

"I'm not." I lied.

"Whatever." He said. I sat and thought for half of the night. I couldn't go to sleep. I thought and wondered how my mother was doing at this moment. I thought what would I do to help her. I was so lost. After all the contemplating I finally closed my eyes and went to sleep.