Chapter 9

No, I didn't reply, I didn't have any desire to reply even though I really wanted to talk to him.

It was Saturday and I just wanted to chill my friends. We made plans to go the beach then the movies to see Neighbors. I went to the kitchen to get something to eat before getting dressed. The smell of a home cooked meal hit my nose immediately. I went into the kitchen and my mother was placing food on plates, "Good morning." I said, somewhat shocked.

"Good morning, baby girl." She smiled at me.

"What are you doing?" I asked scanning the food.

"I'm cooking breakfast, what do you think?" She laughed a little. I looked towards her confused.

"You know you're not supposed to be doing all of this. You're going to get out of breath." I said feeling really concerned.

"Baby girl. It is okay. I'm feeling better than ever." She said, placing a plate on the table. "Now come sit and eat." She said.

"Where did you get all the food?" I asked her, knowing that we couldn't afford this much food at once.

"Your father bought it." She said to me. "Now sit and eat."

"Where did he get the money for this?" I asked confused. My mother sat down whilst my father entered. "Don't worry about that. Just eat like your mother said." He sat down. I started to eat my food, I missed my mothers cooking so much. I couldn't remember the last time we really had a good meal. Although it was silent as we were eating. They weren't saying anything to each other, it was unusual. My father wasn't acting like the man I remember. I quickly finished my food so that I could leave the room, it was a lot of tension. I went back to my room and did my morning routine. I put on an Electric Blue Bandeau Bikini, High-waist Shorts, and T-strapped Sandles. I sat down on my bed taking my phone out and looking at the time 9:04. I still have another good hour until it was time for me to go. I packed up my beach bag and got my outfit ready for tonight. That's when my phone buzzed.

"Outside" Summer texted. I smiled and checked myself over in the mirror one last time before leaving out the door. "Where are you going?" I heard right before I opened the door.

"To the beach, with Summer and Charles." I said turning around to my father.

"Where is your shirt?" He asked.

"James! Leave her alone. You don't swim with a shirt on." My mother called out. I smiled to myself and headed out the door into Summer's car. "Hey." I said getting in.

"Hey, Charles is meeting us there." She informed me. I nodded my head before she pulled off. I turned my head towards the window looking out. We passed by the normal spot that Don and his boy usually are, and he was there. He noticed the car pass by and he smirked as soon as he saw me. I rolled my eyes and turned back straight. "Don't let that get you started. This is your Saturday and you're going to have fun with your friends." Summer said, noticing what just happened.

"I'm not." I informed her, and I wasn't. Today I'm just going to let loose.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

We pulled up to the beach and got out the car. We walked towards the Restrooms and used the shower before we went into the water. I grabbed my bag and walked towards the front of the locker room waiting for Summer. There was a group of girls really loud, why wouldn't I listen to the conversation.