Chapter 30

This was the day of graduation day. I sat in my black cap and gown among the rest of my fellow classmates. Since my last name was Davis it didn't take long before I went up to get my diploma. I was so happy right now. After all this, it is finally over. I am done with high school. Hell, I am done with school. "Miracle Davis." My name was called. I walked on stage, shaking hands with the principal as she handed me my diploma. I said my goodbyes to my teacher and walked off stage. It was a great feeling and I loved it. I sat back down and watched the rest of my classmates. "Summer Evans."

I cheered like crazy when I heard her name. "Charles Smith." I think that my voice would be gone by now. I started off Kindergarten with Charles and Second grade with Summer. We have come all this way together, and it is just a bittersweet feeling.

"Congratulations to the class of 2014!" We all cheered as all we took off our hats and threw them up. It was over, and it was about time to start a new chapter in our life. After this, I gathered with Summer and Charles and we just gathered in a group hug. Summer was in straight up tears. "I can't believe this." She sniffled out. We released our embrace and looked at each other.

"It's finally over." Charles said.

"I'm glad I got to go through this with you two." I said with a smile. We came back into another hug. "We have to do something." Summer said. That's when I had remembered I was leaving. I knew everything I had to do was going to have to be today because I was leaving tonight.

Charles was going off to the Army into the Air Force and Summer wanted to be a Flight Attendant so that she could travel the world. They all had it made on what they wanted to do in life. But little ole me? Nothing. I was just happy enough to be a high school graduate.

"We should go out to eat tonight." Summer said. Even though I knew I was going to be a no-show, I agreed. I knew that they both were now going to go and spend time with their family and I was going home to my mother. I doubt that she would even say congratulations. I went to the parking lot to find my mother and I spotted Don. He motioned me over to him and I slowly walked over.

"Well, well, well. Little Miss Good Girl then finally graduated." He told me.

"Yes, yes I did." I smiled. "Did you ever graduate?" I questioned him.

"Nah, I was a dropout. The streets took me in and I didn't need no education. I'm making a living just fine the way I am." He said. I shook my head and looked down at the ground.

"So tonight is the night?" He asked me.

"Yea, it is." I sighed looking back into his eyes. "I had a lot of time to think about it, you know? And I'm certain that I want to leave." I said. He nodded his head at me.

"I'll see you tonight then?" He asked. I nodded my head., "Yea." I wasn't going to break my promise of him being that last person I saw. I needed to handle some business with him. I walked off towards to where my mother was parked and she was waiting outside the car. "There's my baby." She said as she held her arms out to me, so I could come into an embrace. My mother finally forgave me and started talking to me again. "I'm so proud of you." She said kissing my cheek. "I know your father would have been also." She said. I rolled my eyes at the comment, he would probably have been high coming her so he wouldn't have actually been here.

"Do you want something to eat?" She asked me.

"Nah, I just want to go home. These heels are killing me." I told her as I walked to the passenger side and got inside. "Are Summer, Charles, and you doing anything?" She asked me as she pulled out of the parking lot.

"Yea, we're supposed to go out to eat, then I'm spending the weekend over Summers." I lied straight to her face.

"Okay, do you have your bags packed?"