Chapter 13

I snatched my hands away from his grip pushing him away from me. My face was blank cause I had no emotion towards him, although it felt like I was about cry. I felt betrayed and stupid. "Where is she?" I asked him, clenching my teeth.

"What the fuck you mean you can't tell me?" I practically yelled.

"She is alright. That's all you need to know." He said stepping back.

"What are you guys doing with her?" I asked him. My throat was getting dry, making it hard for me to speak. I was about to cry. "Goodnight, Baby Momma." He said smiling with a wink, turning on his heel leaving the porch. I was speechless. I didn't know what to say or do at this moment. So many emotions were going through me at this moment that I didn't know what was going through my mind. But then an inhuman sound came out of me as I charged at Charles, sending blows to the back of his head. "Miracle, chill out." He yelled struggling to get away from me.

He finally stopped me, standing up brushing himself off. I got up also, and we stared at each other in silence. "She'll be alright." He said one last time before going to his car and leaving. That is when I stayed there, looking at the spot where Charles had just been. I still couldn't believe he was in on this, that he would do that to her. I turned around and headed back up the steps, I wasn't going to let him get away with this. Although I couldn't come out and say that he did it without proof.

I took a hot shower to relax. To forget everything. I got out the shower and put on pajamas. I flopped on the bed and stared up at the ceiling, remembering when Summer was here, talking to me. It felt so real as if she was here. "You're worthless!" I heard a loud bang as if a door was slammed against the wall. My mother. I hopped out of the bed and cracked my door open peeping outside. "It isn't what you think it is." I heard my fathers voice.

"Then what is it James? Huh, cause I am not stupid." My mother shot back at him. Silence. I took this chance to walk out and into the living room. They noticed my presence and stared at me. "I'm so sorry baby did we wake you up?" My mother came over to me, cupping my face in her hands.

"Why are you doing all this screaming, and walking? That's not good for you." I said, she just stared at me.

"Okay." She said stepping back, heading towards her room. I looked towards my dad, and he was staring at me, "Go to bed." He said and then headed towards their room. I really wanted to know what they were talking about. I dusted it off not wanting them to argue anymore at the time and went back to bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Baby girl, wake up." A voice woke me out of my sleep.

"Summer?" I asked hoping for it to be her.

"Correct." Her figure appeared and she had a smile on her face. I sat up and looked at her. I wanted to know if this was a dream or not. She looked so real; as if she was sitting right there. "Summer, is this real?" I questioned her.

"If you make it." She said still smiling. I noticed her hand laying on the bed and I reaches out for her. She was there, her hands were icy cold, but she was there. I looked back up at her face, "Where are you?" I questioned. She lifted her finger and pointed to my forehead. That's when she got off the bed. "Summer!" I yelled after her, but I woke up.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I didn't have a ride to school, and I wasn't going to walk. I knocked on my parent's door and my father answered, "What?" He said.

"I need a ride to school." I said to him.

"What happened to Summer and Charles?" That is when I had forgotten that I didn't tell my parents about the missing of my best friend and my other best friend being in on this. "Uh, they couldn't take me." I lied not wanting to explain all this at this time.

"Walk." He plainly said closing the door in my face. I was shocked. I was not walking all the way to that school, and I surely wasn't going to call Charles, so I guess I won't be going.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I had gone back to sleep and I was awakened by my phone ringing. I looked at it and it was Charles, I groaned and answered the phone, "What?"

"I'm taking you to her tonight." Then he hung up