Bully Me : Chapter 29

[I don't know how you guys manage to do it, but 'Bully Me' has crossed 30K and its all thanks to you guys !! Thanks a lot for your love and continuous support on this story! I really love you guys! *hugs* I had never thought this story would go up to 29 chapters to be honest lol ! But it has, so enjoy it ^^. This chapter is dedicated to another loyal supporter of this story --->>> @CupofJars !]

Chapter 29

**

'Lou! Wait!' 

'Come back Lou!' Harry shouted but Louis had already reached the end of the hallway, disappearing at the turning to his right. 

He stood there watching, even though Louis was no longer present in his line of sight. His eyes stayed glued to the spot where Lou had disappeared, not knowing what else to do. There were a lot of things going through his mind, but what topped his list was - confusion, loads of confusion. 

Harry was confused about his feelings for Louis, or whatever it was that he and Louis shared at the moment. 

Everything had been fine till the moment when Lou opened his eyes and looked at him. Till then he had been content with rubbing his feet and hands and getting the boy to wake up. It was a perfectly humane thing to do in Harry's eyes. He was obliged to help Lou since Harry was the one who had found him, wet and cold in the rain. 

The moment he had opened his eyes, some weird change had taken over Harry. He had felt that click in his heart, like a piece of it had shifted, moving slowly towards the right space in the puzzle that was his life. As if being with Louis like this, basking together in the warmth of their bodies was right. It had felt right. 

Some people can instantly recognize their better half, their life-partners with whom they had be willing to spend an eternity and never regret it. But there are also those individuals, who are blinded by their own reasons and restrictions and are unable to identify that special someone in their life. 

Harry was one of those people. 

He had caged himself, chained his heart to the ground so that no one would play with it or take advantage of him and his weakness. Even though Liam had been a constant rock in his life, a supporting figure after his parents’ death, Harry had never let down his guard in front of him. He did trust the brunette to a certain extent, but beyond that he was on his own. It was the same with Louis. 

Harry had known him since they were babies. He remembered everything that they had done, but there was always a gap between them. Every time he looked at Louis's smiling face, Harry would remember his own parents, how happy he had been with them and how lucky Louis was to have both his parents with him. 

 For the first few days his jealousy had been in control, while he tried to be the friendly neighbor Louis enjoyed playing with. 

During those times, when things weren't that complicated between them, Harry and Louis had shared a certain level of comfort. It was a familiar friendship that couldn't be replicated with the others or Zayn. While Harry was one of the silent, sufferer-in-the-dark kind of boys, Louis was the cheerful clown, always finding ways to fill the silence between them. His talks about Sponge-Bob and Nickelodeon were Harry's least favorite topics, but he still listened to it with rapt attention. 

The younger Louis had a unique way of grabbing people's attention. Maybe it was his infectious energy, the bright smile or just plain him, Harry didn't know. All he knew was that spending time with this lad was better than lying on his bed and drowning in the nightmares of his loss. So he had decided to stay with him, being careful around his parents, behaving like his own parents would have expected him to behave and keeping a firm lid on that boiling hot jealousy deep within his heart.