Bully Me : Chapter 35

[hello! I have finally managed to squeeze a new chapter in between my busy schedule and it is all because of the support you guys have given this story. 'Bully Me' has crossed 50K+ reads and 1100+ votes which is just....AMAZAYN !! I simply love you guys *hugs each one of you* ! I had never thought this story would be read by so many of you and I am so overwhelmed with the love you have shown me *sniffles* ! Thanks a lot guys >-< !!]

Chapter 35 

** 

'Lou? Lou!' 

'Huh?' 

'You are pouring water on the table.' Brooke whispered, her well-manicured index finger pointing to the glass Louis had in hand and then at the dripping water that had spread on the wooden table and was dangerously close to falling on the marble floor. 

'Oh! Uh...sorry.' Louis pulled back his hand which had been holding the jar for quite a long time and placed it on the table. He grabbed the dishtowel that was lying discarded on the chair and began to wipe away the water. 

'Are you alright, Lou?' 

'Yeah, I am fine.' 

'Are you sure?' Brooke pressed on and Louis gave her an irritated glare. 

'I said I am fine, didn't I?' Louis hissed back. He hadn't meant to come off as rude, but he couldn't stop himself. With the war going on in his head and the headache it was giving him, Brooke's pestering and worry seemed to annoy him even more than usual. 

'Fine! Be like this and keep sulking around!' Brooke snapped and stormed out of the kitchen.  

'Brooke! Wait... I am sorry!' Louis shouted and hurried behind her, following in her footsteps as she entered the living room. 

'Go away!' 

'Look, I am sorry. I really didn't mean to hurt you, Brooke. Please.. Brooke, I am sorry.' 

'What's bothering you? You have been down ever since you got back from school.' Brooke inquired. 

Lou always knew she was a smart kid, but that didn't mean he particularly liked that trait of hers. It usually caused him more trouble than he could afford, with her sniffing behind his back and trying to dig any secrets he had kept from her. 

This was one of those moments. 

He couldn't tell her about Harry when he himself wasn't sure of what was going on. She would definitely freak out if she knew about the things that had been going on between him and Harry. The kiss, the make out session in the infirmary and the recent backyard scene, it was all a mess that Louis needed to sort out. 

'Lou? You're spacing out again.' Brooke's tone was back to being snappy and irritating, but Lou didn't get a chance to respond. 

The loud noise of the doorbell cut off whatever Louis was trying to explain to Brooke and they both turned to stare at the door. 

'That's weird. Dad's shift ends in another half an hour and the twins are already at home. Who could it be?' 

Louis merely shrugged his shoulders as he too was unaware of any guests joining them for dinner tonight. The only two people that he was familiar with and who belonged in his father's business circle were – Mr. Hadron and Mr. Neal Beeson, their friendly neighbor. He also happened to be Mark's project manager. They were the only ones who dropped by for the occasional 'hello'.