Chapter 6: The Promise

(Third Person's POV)

"So this is why you're in a hurry" Gray suddenly appeared.

"Why are you here?" you asked him.

"Wouldn't it be suspicious if a person was hurrying to leave in a time like this" Gray said.

You looked at him confused. You don't get what he was trying to say.

"Ehh?" -You

"Sometimes you're an airhead" -Gray.

"Where did you go Gray?!" You heard a guy shouting from afar.

You looked at the guy behind Gray and saw Natsu. 

"Blurghh" you heard Natsu vomitting.

"That's why I told you not to follow me" Gray said.

"If what you said was true then that would......" before Natsu can end his sentence, he vomited again.

You are about to help Natsu when you saw Happy patting his back and helping him.

"So what happened?" Natsu was back to his normal self.

'That was fast' you thought.

"She was just doing some puppet show" Gray said.

"A puppet show?" Natsu looked at you. 

You nodded at him "Because I don't have many customers when I got in Magnolia, I thought of having a second job and this came up" You explained to them.

"(y/n)!" you heard Katherine calling you.

"The kids told me it was a good show" Katherine was wearing a smile but it disappeared when he saw Gray in front of you.

"Why are you here? Are you here to hurt (y/n) again" her tone was angry.

"Calm down Katherine" you told her.

"I won't let him touch you again, even if it's a single strand of your hair" She glared at him "Hmph" and she crossed her arms.

"There, there" You carried Katherine.

"You're so overprotective MOM" you said while emphasizing the word mom.

"I'm not your mom" Katherine said "Still I don't want to see anyone hurting you" 

You smiled. She's a sweet little doll. 

Since your father died when you're just 12, Katherine was the only one who help you to earn money, even your companion and helped you live in this cruel world. Your mom has an illness that cannot be cured. Her life was already timed. When you are 17, she left this world. (I don't know your age so just change the numbers according to what you want.)

"A sweet doll" You heard Happy saying those words.

You smiled at him.

"I got an idea" Happy said.

You all looked at Happy. "What if (y/n) perform a puppet show in Magnolia" Happy suggested.

"That would be a great idea" Natsu agreed to Happy.

"Really I can?" You are excited about it.

"I didn't think about that before" You said and giggled.

And suddenly you realized something "But how can I make a puppet show if I'm not even sure if someone will watch it" You said to yourself.

"Don't worry" -Natsu

"We'll gonna help you gather some audience, right Gray" Natsu said and put his arms around Gray's shoulder.

"Sometimes your a childish person" Gray said with a straight tone.

"But admit it, you like watching her show" Natsu said with a teasing tone.

"What?" You can see Gray's face turning red.

"You think I was only vomiting from afar but I can see from that place that you are smiling while watching her show" Natsu smiled in a teased way.

"Shut up!" and Gray's face was all red.

"Haha" you snickered "You two really are good friends" You stated.

"No we're not" They said in unison. You laughed again.

"Hey let's go home" You heard Happy's voice.

"Yup we need to go home" Katherine agreed.

When you are already done on packing your things up, you left the small village with them.

While riding on the train, Natsu was vomiting. Lucky him, he has a paper bag with him. It would be gross seeing him vomiting on the floor.

When you are already in Magnolia, you parted ways with them but before you leave, Gray called you.

"(y/n)" you heard Gray's voice.

You turned around and looked at him.

"Give us a good story" he said and turned around. 

When he started to walk opposite to your route, you started to walk too but suddenly stopped, looked at him and called him.

"Gray!" You shouted "I'll make the story good.....no......an amazing one!" You catch some breath "I PROMISE!" and you started to ran to the opposite direction to where Gray was walking.

When you are far away from him, you stopped, put your hands on your knees while breathing heavily.

"(y/n)" Katherine looked at you. "Why is your face red?" She asked.

You can feel your face heat up and you don't know what's happening.

"I-I don't know" You said to Katherine while catching your breath.

"You need some rest" Katherine said and you agreed to what she said.

'What was that just now?' you thought.

-----

Updated: November 14, 2017

-----