Team time!! Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Today was the explanatory meeting for new ninjas. I was excited about it. I wondered what the meeting was about. Instead of going over to Naruto’s, I sent out a spider to wake him up if he was asleep, which was the most likely. I thought I could hear him snoring from here.

I made sure that I was presentable and ninjaness. Yep, I swear to Jashin that it is a word. Well, a Jashinist word. I checked to make sure my pouch was on before I walked out of my apartment, locking the door in the process.

I headed to the Academy, passing Sakura and Ino fighting yet again. When I got to the Academy, I walked to the classroom and saw Shikamaru talking to Naruto. I walked up to them both.

“Why are you here? Today’s explanatory meeting is only for those who graduated,” Shikamaru stated. I put my arm around Shikamaru’s shoulders with a smirk as Naruto sat up straight.

Naruto came over yesterday and told me what happened, but it felt like he was hiding something from me. Meh, I would find out.

“Shikamaru, I think you need your eyes checked. You see that forehead protector Naruto’s wearing?” I asked him. He frowned at me and then nodded his head.

“Starting today, I’m also a ninja!” Naruto explained with a big grin the size of a… I don’t know. Something big, though. “How should I say this… this looks really good on me, eh?”

I rolled my eyes. I jumped onto the table, down onto the seat, and then sat down. “Naruto, I think it looks better on me than you,” I told him, and he looked at me with a glare.

“Yeah right! It looks like you put a metal rod around your head!” he yelled.

“It looks like art. Not fleeting, though, sadly.” I pouted, and he looked away from my pout. We both heard something running down the hall like an ox. I knew who it had to be, as it would be the second time it had happened that week.

I looked next to me to see who it was, and it was… oh Jashin, I was dead. It was Sasuke bloody Uchiha. I dropped my head. “Why, oh why, do all the girls like you?” I whined, and I felt his eyes on me. I looked up at him.

“Hn.”

I scoffed as he looked away. “Stupid Uchiha. I’ve avoided this since the day I got here, and now I am going to die the day I leave. Oh joy of joys, bye cruel world. I will never see my brother before I die,” I gasped dramatically.

Suddenly the door slammed open and in came Sakura and Ino, yelling goal before huffing and puffing. Lazy bums. Unfit lazy bums. I may have been lazy sometimes, but at least I was fit and fast as hell.

I saw them arguing over something again as Naruto watched Sakura with love struck eyes. My eyes widened when she looked over at us. Well, Naruto thought it was him, but I knew she was looking at Sasuke.

She ran down the steps. I moved as far from Naruto as possible. “Good morning, Sakura!” Naruto greeted, standing up, and waved to her. She pushed him out of the way.