Tears

Malcolm POV

I've been worried for Annabeth ever since that son of Poseidon disappeared. She's been an emotionless, angry, wall. Sometimes she'd just stare off into space and in the arena she shredded the dummies to bits. And I feel like Jason is only a reminder of Hera for her which sets her off.

I've heard her cry herself to sleep once. I tried to help her but she just pushed me away. I'm pretty sure the entire cabin heard.

It was dinner time and it's been about five months since Percy disappeared. Jason, Piper, and Leo were still off on their quest.

The entire time Annabeth had just been playing with her food. Staring off into the general direction of where the beach was. She looked so sad and heartbroken it almost started to make me feel sad.

I watched her as she wished for her drink in the goblet turned into a cobalt cherry coke. She shed a single tear. I noticed how her eyes were bloodshot and how she had bags under her eyes. That gods damned Percy Jackson did this to her. When I get my hands on him, hurt will be the least of his worries.

Jamie, a new ten year old camper leaned over the table.

"Will she be okay?" he asked me.

"I hope so," was my response.

Then tears started streaming down my sister face. It couldn't seem to stop. She just sat there staring at the cup of blue soda crying. The whole table became silent and looked at her. Her lip began to tremble and she started sobbing. And not like an oh-my-gods-this-is-horrible-sob it was a oh-my-gods-I'm-so-heartbroken-and-dead-inside-I-don't-wanna-live-sob.

Her body racked with sobs and soon enough the entire dining pavilion had quieted.

The great Annabeth Chase, daughter of Athena, had broken.

She then stood up and ran off in the direction of the beach.  I wanted to go after her, to comfort her, she was my sister for gods sake, but an Aphrodite girl put her hand on my shoulder.

"She wants to be left alone," she said. "Let her." I studied her for a moment then sat back down at the Athena table.

Then the person who was least likely to get up, got up and went the direction that Annabeth followed.

"Clarisse where the hell are you going!?" asked one of her brothers. She didn't respond. But I figured that Clarisse would do a better job than anyone here to cheer her up. She was after all best friends with Silena.

"Why was she crying?" asked Jamie, who didn't know the whole story.

"She's in love," I said. "And the person she loves is gone."

This is so short but cute and horrible at the same time. I'm so evil. There will be a new chapter coming up that is going to be suuuuuuuuuuper long.