Harriet Hayes, the lesbian

⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ Strong language ahead. I tried my best to censor it but enough to where the word is still recognizable. Also note that I don't use these words because they are very derogatory and disrespectful and they should never be used in real conversation under any circumstances so if you attack me for it I'll attack you back. Have a nice day.

Nico di Angelo was an anomaly. He was probably the most sought after guy at school. Almost every girl at school had a huge crush on him. I mean, why wouldn't they. Dark hair and eyes, sexy Italian accent, and a bad boy vibe. But he wasn't really my type.

Well, guys in general aren't really my type.

Yup, you heard it.

I'm a lesbian.

I know, I know I'm not American but that's besides the point.

However, liking girls doesn't mean I won't appreciate a fine looking male.

All throughout junior and senior year, Di Angelo got asked out by at least half the girls in our grade. He always turned them down while blushing profusely. Everybody thought it was because he was nervous around girls but the entire school learned the truth at graduation.

At graduation, a group of girls hovered around Nico. He seemed to be looking for someone. When he smiled, I could've sworn I saw one of those girls swoon. Pretty pathetic if you ask me. But then again, I swoon at every girl I see so I'm really not one to talk. Then, Nico started walking toward a group of insanely attractive people. There was a girl with choppy hair and feathers in it that was insanely hot. Anyway, Nico made his way to an attractive blonde boy and wrapped his arms around his waist from behind.

Oh shit he's gay, was my first thought.

Fuck yeah he's gay, was my second thought.

The flock of girls behind him deflated and their jaws dropped to the ground. Ha! They've been crushing on a gay guy for a whole year! I almost burst out laughing from the expressions on their face; surprise, shock, even disgust, which made me sick.

"Ugh, I can't believe I had a crush on a f*g," said one of the girls. My blood began to boil. I hated that word.

I walked up to that girl angrily.

"Hey! That was rude so you better fucking apologize now," I demanded. She looked scared for a moment but regained her posture in a second.

"Absolutely not. I'm only speaking the truth. He's a f*g," she shrugged. Nico and his blonde boyfriend turned around and glared.

"Shut the fuck up you homophobic, inconsiderate, closeted bitch. There is nothing wrong with him. He is living his best life with a man and if you have a problem, then you're the fucking problem not them," I yelled at her and boy was it satisfying.

She stared at me for a moment then said, "Whatever, d*ke."

Oh no she fucking didn't.

No one calls me that word without getting punched in the face. 

Before I could, however, Nico and his blonde boyfriend had held me back by the arms.

"It's not worth it," said the blonde. "There's always gonna be people like this in the world." I begrudgingly agreed and they let go of my arms. I sighed.

"You're right, but it just gets me so angry," I said.

"Yeah, I know how you feel," said Nico. "But thanks for sticking up for us. It means a lot. Coming out wasn't easy for me so I appreciate it."

"Yeah of course," I said. "It's not a problem."

"You're Harriet right? Hayes?" he asked me. I nodded. "The lesbian?" I sighed.

"That's all anybody really knows about me anyway, but yeah. Harriet Hayes, the lesbian, it certainly is a pleasure to meet you properly Nico," I said. I stuck out my hand and Nico shook it welcomingly.

"You too. This is my boyfriend, Will," Nico introduced. Will gave me a dazzling smile and shook my hand as well.

"Nice to meet you, Harriet," he said. I smiled back at him. "And thanks again. By the way, I totally would've let you punch her if it wasn't for their rich looking parents literally ten feet away." Nico and I laughed.

"Yeah I owe you for that one," I responded. "Definitely would've caught a case if that happened."

"Anyway, I hate to say it but we've gotta get going now. It was really nice meeting you though," said Will. I smiled at him and Nico.

"You too,  you too. -OH, um, before you leave, is that feather chick into girls by any chance?" I pointed at the gorgeous girl from their group right behind the two boys. They both looked back simultaneously towards her.

"Oh, Piper? Yeah, no, sorry. She's got a boyfriend," Nico informed me. I cursed.

"Why are all the hot girls either straight, taken, or both, dammit." Will laughed at my frustration.

Afterwards, we bid our farewells and went our separate ways while I continued to suffer the loss of Piper, the hot straight girl.