Wisdom Teeth

I recently got my wisdom teeth removed so this is inspired by my four missing teeth

Leo groaned in the passenger's seat of Piper's car.

"I don't wanna do thiiiiiiiiiis," he whined.

"Oh shut up," said Piper as she turned on her left turn signal. "You're literally the only one who hasn't gotten them removed. And unless you want ugly teeth and braces a second time then you're going through this just like all of us did."

"Fine." Leo slumped down in his seat. The only thing he was really looking forward to was getting loopy off the laughing gas. The pain however, he could pass on.

Soon enough, Piper had parked the car in the parking lot behind the dental facility. She had to practically drag Leo to the front door and into the waiting room. They waited for at least 20 minutes until the doctor called them up.

"Leo Valdez?" asked a woman in garbs.

"Not here," replied Leo as he sunk further into the comfortable waiting room chairs.

The doctor smiled in understanding and ignored Leo's statement. "Hello, I'm Doctor Lancaster. I know it can be scary but you just gotta get it over with. Now come with me, the room is all prepared for you," she informed.

Piper pushed her best friend off the chair and to the doctor. Leo looked back at her for a second and noticed she held her phone camera in her hand with a wild smirk on her face.

"Oh no," groaned Leo.

"Oh yes," replied Piper. "We can add it to the collection. Now get lost." Leo rolled his eyes and followed the doctor.

Once they got to the room, Dr. Lancaster had told Leo to sit down on the operation chair.

"Okay, I'm going to give you this, this is the laughing gas, and we're gonna leave you in here for a few minutes to let it settle in okay?" she told him. Leo nodded his head yes. The doctor put a weird looking thing over his nose and Leo was immediately hit by the scent of bubblegum.

"It smells like bubblegum," he said.

"Yes, enjoy it," said Dr. Lancaster. "You can breath in and out with your nose and if you need anything just holler alright?" Leo nodded again. She left the room shortly after.

After about 5 minutes of breathing in the sweet bubblegum scented air, Leo started feeling its effects. He felt bored but not bored at the same time. It was like he could stare and one point in the ceiling for hours and just vibe. A couple minutes later Dr. Lancaster showed up and went to business with her assistant.

With a mask over her face she said, "If anything hurts just raise your left hand okay?" Leo nodded again.

Dr. Lancaster and her assistant began to poke and prod in Leo's mouth, injecting anesthesia, cutting his gums open, etc. In a normal situation, Leo probably would've had a panic attack, but the laughing gas made him feel indifferent towards anything and everything.

Leo let out a little giggle for no reason. Nothing was funny but he just laughed. The doctors must've been used to it since they gave no reaction.

Leo stared at the brightly lit, white ceiling and saw a spectrum of colors spiraling from the sky. It was like getting up too quickly after sitting down all day, but multiply the colors by thousands. He watched the colors spiral inward towards the ceiling in fascination. Shortly after, Leo fell asleep.