Airplane

Oh uncle Zeus please spare me on this flight through your domain. You are the greatest uncle and ruler of Olympus please don't kill me, I pleaded as a boarded the plane with Annabeth. New York to San Fran was a six hour flight and I really didn't want to die. I was going to see Annabeth's dad. As a boyfriend. So to say I was nervous was an understatement.

"Zeus is going to kill me," I mumbled into Annabeth's hair as we looked for our seats.

"You saved the world twice. I'm pretty sure he'll cut you some slack, Percy," she responded. "And besides, your father wouldn't allow it. He's probably sitting up on his throne stalking Zeus over his shoulder or something."

I took a deep breath and sat down in seat.

"You going to help, Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth motioned towards the suitcase which was full of weapons, nectar, and ambrosia.

"Right." Annabeth went to sit down by the window seat as I lifted the bag up to the overhead compartment.

Behind me, someone cleared their throat. I turned around to see Santa Clause. Well, he wasn't really Santa Clause but he could've past as him.

"Are going to sit down?" he asked politely, but with a slight edge of annoyance.

"Oh, uh, right. Sorry, sir," I said and sat down next to Annabeth. I got the middle seat, lucky me.

The planes doors haven't even closed yet and I was already clenching the arm rests. I felt a hand on top of mine.

"Calm down, Seaweed Brain," whispered Annabeth in my ear. "You're not going to die." I let go of the armrest and cling to her hand instead. Santa Clause watched us with a slight smile on his face.

A crackle through the loudspeakers were heard.

"Good afternoon passengers. This is your captain speaking, we will be lifting off in approximately twenty minutes and please remember to keep your seat belts on at all times. Thank you for flying with American Airlines and cabin crew, please prepare for takeoff."

In five minutes the plane was moving.

"Twenty minutes my podex," I muttered. Annabeth slapped me lightly on the arm.

"Language," she scolded.

"Not a big fan of flying?" asked Santa Clause.

"Never was," I responded. He chuckled.

"I'm Seth Case," he said while holding out his hand.

"Percy Jackson. And this is my beautiful girlfriend Annabeth," I said as I shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you," said Annabeth.

"You too. Now where are you two headed?" He asked.

"He's coming to San Francisco with me so he can meet my dad," responded Annabeth.

"You haven't met him before?"

"I have, it's just that this is the first time I'm meeting him as his daughter's boyfriend."

"You'll be fine Seaweed Brain. He's not as bad as my mom." A shiver went down my spine just thinking of Athena and her threats.

"Your mom is scary and she hates my guts." Annabeth laughed and Seth chuckled.

Then I saw something shine from the fringe of Annabeth's grey flannel. Her knife was showing. Seth saw it. We're doomed.

"Say, do you two happen to be demigods?" he asked which totally took me off guard. Annabeth frantically looked around.