Chapter Twenty Three

HS23

*October 14th, 2019*

“I’ll be back in a month. I promise.” Harry whispered as he hugged me.

“Okay, baby.” I mumbled. We were standing at the airport and Anne was behind me with the twins.

“I’ll Skype you every night. If the boys are still awake I’ll say goodnight to them too.” He kissed my forehead.

“I love you.” I kissed him.

“I love you too. I’ll give you another kiss after I say bye to the boys.” He kissed me. 

“Okay, boys. I’m going to go get on a plane and go to a different country. I’ll be back in 4 weeks.” He whispered to the boys. 

“How many?” Thomas asked so Harry held up 4 fingers.

“4 weeks. Now can you guys make me a promise?” He asked and the boys nodded.

“Promise me you’ll be good for Mummy and Grandma, okay?” He asked them.

“Promise.” They nodded. 

“I love you guys.” He hugged them.

“I ove you too.” They hugged him. 

“Boys, give Daddy one more kiss.” I told them and they each gave him one more kiss.

“Bye, Mum. Thank you so much again.” He hugged Anne.

“Boys, I’ll talk to you every night on the computer.” He told them and they agreed again.

“Bye, short stuff.” He hugged me.

“Bye, hot stuff. I’ll talk to you tonight.” I hugged him tight. We hugged for a minute before he had to go.

“I love you so much.” He kissed my cheek.

“I love you so much too. Have fun.” I mumbled. He kissed me one more time and walked away.

“Bye, Daddy!” The boys yelled after him. We headed home and Anne could tell I was upset.

“Why don’t you go relax or take a nap?” She suggested as we got home.

“I’m okay, really.” I brushed off how tired I was.

“It wasn’t really a question, it was more of an order as your mother-in-law.” She laughed.

“You’re the closest thing I’ve had to a mother in years, I consider you more of a mother than anything.” I chuckled but ultimately decided to listen to her and go take a nap. I woke up 6 hours later and gasped. I had a missed call from Harry and realized it was nearly 9pm.

“Hey, baby, sorry. Your mum made me go take a nap and I ended up sleeping for 6 hours.” I called Harry back.

“It’s okay, love. I just woke up from a nap too.” He assured me.

"I’m glad I have a sweatshirt of yours here.” I laughed a little.

“Why?” He yawned.

“I miss you like crazy already. This reminds me of you with your smell.” I shrugged.

“Check the drawer of your nightstand, love.” He smiled a little. I opened the drawer to see a necklace box.

“Harry.” I warned.

“It’s also to celebrate a bit that we’ve been together for 7 years and you didn’t let me spend too much on your birthday.” He added. I opened it and smiled a little.

“Thank you. It’s gorgeous.” I smiled.

“Open it, love.” He chuckled.

“What?” I got confused and opened what I discovered was a locket. On the left side was a picture of us kissing from our engagement pictures and on the right was a picture of our boys. I saw our wedding anniversary and our initials on the back and I smiled.