Chapter Twenty Eight

HS28

“Where’s Brady going?” Thomas asked.

“Remember when you got your appendix out?” I asked him and he shook his head.

“When you were 1 you had surgery, which is why you have that scar there. They took out this thing called your appendix, and they’re doing that with Brady right now.” I pointed to his side.

“Is he gonna be okay?” Thomas looked worried.

“He’ll be okay.” I assured him.

“Can I take a nap?” He mumbled into my shoulder.

“Of course, honey.” I rubbed his back and kissed his forehead. He kissed my cheek and I let him down so he could go sleep. Harry let Cam down and he did the same. Harry came over and hugged me before realizing something.

“Fuck. We aren’t going to be able to go out to dinner.” He sighed.

“It’s okay. He’s gonna have to take it easy for a few weeks but after that we can go out.” I kissed him.

“But you’re gonna start showing soon and then we won’t be able to go out without tabloids noticing that you’re pregnant.” He frowned.

“Baby, they’re gonna find out eventually. I can’t really hide a pregnancy too well. As long as you want to go out and go on dates we can.” I got on my tiptoes and pecked his lips.

“I love you.” He kissed me.

“I love you too.” I hugged him.

“You aren’t freaking out as bad as when Thomas got his out.” He realized.

“I know it’s a routine surgery and he’s a fantastic doctor. Brady is also 7 years older than Thomas was and I also need to relax for Cam and Thomas because if I’m freaking out they’ll freak out and that won’t be good.” I mumbled into his shoulder.

“Good point.” He rubbed my back. He held me tight and we stood like that for a while. He wrapped his arms around my legs just below my butt and picked me up a little so I was taller than him.

“Harry, put me down, you’re gonna hurt yourself.” I sighed.

“I’m not gonna hurt myself. You’re light as fuck. It’s almost a little scary how skinny you are right now.” He frowned a little.

“Why?” I asked.

“You’re super skinny. I know you feel bigger but you’re tiny. You’re like 105lbs and 5’5” and you’ve had 3 kids.” He explained, still frowning.

“I’m 110, thank you very much.” I looked at the ground, though I ended up just looking at his face because I was above him.

“If I was feeling really mean I could have the doctor weigh and measure you and tell you you’re not overweight.” He reminded me. My eyes widened and I looked down at him.

“You wouldn’t dare.” I narrowed my eyes at him.

“Not today because it’s your birthday.” He looked up at me. I cupped his face and kissed him sweetly.

“I’m sure holding me up in the air isn’t fun for you, why don’t you just let me down.” I tucked hair behind his ear.

“It actually is fun. Mainly because I kind of get to feel up your perfect ass, but still.” He kissed me.

“You want to see what it’s like for me being 6 inches shorter?” I asked and he nodded. 

“That high enough?” He asked as he lifted me up higher.