Chapter 21

Third Person POV

  "Leah," Draco said softly, and Leah was sitting on her bed with her knees pulled up to her chest and her eyes straight ahead, looking at the wall. She didn't answer, only narrow her eyes slightly.

 "Come on, talk to me," Draco said gently. 

 "There's nothing to talk about," she said emotionlessly. Draco sighed exasperatedly and set the Firewhiskey down on her nightstand.

 "You are so stubborn," he shook his head.

 "Why do you like me?" Leah asked abruptly. Draco looked at her in shock for a moment before glaring.

 "Good question, why do I like you? You're stubborn, violent, abusive, a pain in the ass, a total brat, a liar, and heartless," he said harshly. Leah looked pained and tearful, but she only nodded slightly.

 "Then again, you're your own person, you're feisty, entertaining, loving, caring when you want to be, and the most beautiful girl I've ever met," he said more softly. Leah finally looked at Draco and smiled slightly, letting a few tears roll down her cheeks.

 "Now, why did you ask?" he asked her, sitting down in front of her. Leah sighed and her eyes turned red; they were originally a deep and sad blue.

 "Well my parents don't even love me, so why would anyone else?" she asked bitterly. Draco actually laughed at her.

 "Leah your parents do love you, they just don't love each other," Draco said, taking her hand and fiddling with the engagement ring. Leah's eyes moved down to the ring and she glared angrily. She ripped her hand out of Draco's and threw the ring off her finger so it flew into her mirror so hard it shattered the glass. Draco flinched and sighed.

 "How could he do that to me? That is not love, okay? Alex would not be here right now, telling me all this. He'd be rolling his eyes and trying to rape me," Leah glared.

 "Leah, just make your dad proud okay? We can always cheat on our spouses," Draco winked and she laughed.

 "Mm, I can be your mistress," she said, laughing again.

 "It sounds like a plan!" Draco smiled and then Leah grabbed shot glasses and the Firewhiskey. She filled the two shot glasses and gave one to Draco.

 "Let's see if you can handle it," she smirked.

 "One...two...three!" she said, and they downed them, Leah much quicker.  Draco started gagging and coughing, clutching his throat. Leah just laughed and filled hers back up, downing it again.

 "You know, I don't understand how you're so used to this," Draco grimaced. Leah smirked and then set her glass down; pulling Draco over and kissing him like there was no tomorrow. 

Voldemort, who had been listening by the door, left with a frown on his face. 

 "My Lord," Lucius said, coming out of his study as he passed. 

 "What is it, Lucius?" 

 "Celeste wants to arrange a marriage between Astoria and Draco," Lucius said nervously.

 "What did you say?" Voldemort asked and Lucius swallowed hard.

 "I told her I'd consider it," he said and Voldemort nodded.

 "Tell her absolutely not; Leah will go on a killing spree. Do you know our children have decided they're going to cheat on their spouses with each other?" he asked.

 "I am sorry my Lord, I'll talk to Draco," Lucius bowed and Voldemort shook his head.

 "No, they don't know I was listening. Make sure Celeste knows that you've declined her offer," he said and Lucius nodded stiffly.

 "What offer?"

The two turned around and saw Leah walking up with Draco close behind. His hair was slightly ruffled and Leah was wide eyed, but kept her cool front up. 

 "What offer?" Leah repeated, more angrily this time. Voldemort stayed silent for a moment but then replied.

 "Celeste wanted to arrange a marriage between Draco and Astoria," he said coolly and Leah flipped. Her hair instantly flared red, as did her eyes, and a picture shattered.

 "What?" she yelled and Draco had his fists clenched, glaring very hatefully at his father.

 "Did you not hear that I specifically said decline?" Voldemort asked with a glare.

 "There is another thing I wished to speak about," Lucius said, casting a glance at the two children.

 "They'll eaves drop anyway," Voldemort said in irritation and Lucius nodded.

 "I wish to make Draco a death eater," he said and Voldemort looked at the kids to see Leah's hair back to normal, and her eyes a happy pink. She smiled brightly at Draco who suddenly looked very scared.

 "Oh, that's a great idea!" Leah smiled and Draco gave her a strained smile.

 "You don't want to," she said, her smiling fading. Draco's eyes widened and he shook his head.

 "I do, really, I'm just...shocked," he said and she managed a smile.

 "Okay, yeah," Leah said.

 "I'm up for it, I want one," Draco said confidently.

 "Really?" she beamed and he smiled.

 "Yeah, sure," he said and Leah tackled him into a hug.

 "We can go on missions together!" she said and then looked at the clock.

 "We better get back to Hogwarts," she bit her lip and Draco nodded.

 "Yeah, I guess so. My Lord, father," Draco inclined his head to them and a slow smile spread across Voldemort's face.

 "At the end of the year, we will have a new death eater," he said and Draco smiled before Leah Floo'd them back.

 "Lucius, that boy is not ready. He's way above his head." 

***

-Shay