Chapter 22

Leah POV

 "Someone looks happier," Pansy said.

 "A bit," I smirked and she laughed.

 "Well what went down?" she asked and then paused.

 "Are you alright?" she asked and I let my smile slip.

 "Mom is leaving dad. Well it's more like dad's leaving mom...for Astoria's mother," I said, between clenched teeth. Pansy's eyes grew wide, and we threw vicious glares at Astoria, who flinched. She had no idea what was happening.

 "Well...Leah... I kind of want my parents back together," Pansy said timidly. I looked at her in bewilderment and let out a laugh of surprise.

 "You're joking, right? You've had real parents your whole life! I just wanted more than a year of a family," I said, shaking my head.

 "That wasn't going to happen, you're Voldemort's daughter. Let's face it, Mom got rid of you and left your dad. They weren't going to stay together," Pansy said, and then clamped her lips shut, looking away quickly.  

 "Gee Pansy, thanks a lot," I said coolly.

 "No Leah, I didn't mean it like that," she said quietly.

 "Whatever," I whispered and felt tears threaten to fall. I walked out of the common room, hearing Pansy and Draco calling my name, but I just kept going. I wasn't sure where I was going, but I ended up on the seventh floor. I paced back and forth angrily; wanting a place I could be alone. I vaguely remembered when I did believe I had a real family, and my Mom was teaching me piano without magic. I used to start playing whenever I was upset. I looked up from the floor to see a door that I never noticed before. I walked in and saw a room that was exactly like my old living room, with a grand piano near the window. I looked around in amazement and walked over to the piano, feeling the familiar smoothness of the keys. I sat on the bench and played a few notes before smiling softly and beginning Hallelujah.

 "I've heard there was a secret chord that David played, and it pleased the Lord, but you don't really care for music, do you? It goes like this the fourth, the fifth, the minor fall, the major lift, the baffled king composing Hallelujah," I sang.

"Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Your faith was strong but you needed proof. You saw her bathing on the roof; her beauty in the moonlight overthrew you. She tied you to a kitchen chair, she broke your throne, she cut your hair, and from your lips she drew the Hallelujah."

"Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah. Maybe I've been here before, I know this room, and I've walked this floor. I used to live alone before I knew you; I've seen your flag on the marble arch, love is not a victory march. It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah."

"There was a time you'd let me know what's real and going on below, but now you never show it to me do you? Remember when I moved in you?

The holy dark was moving too and every breath we drew was hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah."

"Maybe there's a God above and all I ever learned from love, was how to shoot at someone who outdrew you. It's not a cry you can hear at night, it's not somebody who's seen the light; it's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah. Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah, Hallelujah," I sang and then played a few extra ending notes.

  I stared at the keys for a while. I never realized how lucky I was to have a family, but now it's gone and I only have Claire, who I don't even trust anymore. I will never show weakness though; no one can know I'm upset over something like family issues.