Chapter 65&66

It wasn't too long after Valentine's Day that I received a letter during breakfast.

Leah Riddle

Great Hall

Hogwarts School

I frowned at the highly unfamiliar owl who gave a soft hoot before flying away.

 "Who's that from?" Blaise asked.

 "Is it from mum?" Pansy asked hopefully and I shook my head.

 "I don't recognize the handwriting or the owl," I said, opening the letter.

Leah,

 I had never wanted to believe you or Harry about Voldemort's return. I wasn't even too sure that you were really his daughter, but after reading that story about the both of you in the 'Quibbler', well, I just had to believe it. I never spoke poorly about you to anyone who might possibly know you because...honestly, Voldemort's daughter or not, you're terrifying. However, I spoke very poorly about the whole story and I wanted to apologize for not believing the both of you. I hope that together you can save the wizarding world. I believe in you. If you wish to reply (which I'm not expecting you to) you can reach me at Beauxbaton's.

                                      Claudette.

"What?" I muttered, staring at the letter. I could feel my friends' eyes on me, but I was too busy frowning at the letter to tell them what it said. I grabbed a piece of parchment and started writing to Claudette.

Claudette,

 There has to be a mistake, I didn't do a story for the 'Quibbler'. I don't quite understand what this is all about. I appreciate your faith in Harry and me, but I don't understand where this sudden burst of faith came from. But was there really any doubt about Voldemort being my father?

                                            Leah.

I attached the letter to Alisana who was next to me with the 'Daily Prophet' and I sent her off.

 "Claudette at Beauxbaton's, okay?" I said and she was gone before I could blink.

 "I just got a letter from some girl about how she suddenly believes Potter and me about Voldemort's return. She's got faith in us...but I never did a story for the 'Quibbler'," I frowned.

 "That's really odd," Ariana said and Thane nodded.

 "Didn't Granger ask you to tell her your story?" Draco asked.

 "Well yes, but Rita Skeeter writes for the 'Prophet'," I said.

 "That's true," he muttered. The next thing I knew, I was being flooded with letters and we were all tearing them open.

 "...Kick Voldemort's ass, Leah..."

"... I believe you..."

"...I cannot believe I was so ignorant..."

"...I still think this is a lie..."

"...you are truly a hero..."

"...You are an icon for the whole wizarding world..."

We were all reading parts of different letters aloud, and the whole Hall was looking between the Gryffindor table and ours, seeing the flood of letters Potter and I were getting. I gave him a confused look and he smiled brightly at me, waving the 'Quibbler' so I could see it. I just gave him a look again and he shrugged at me, leaving me even more confused than before.