Chapter 63

"You haven't been sorted yet, have you?" Draco asked Thane, and I could tell he was obviously avoiding Pansy. And unfortunately he's avoiding me as well. However, if this means he'll bond with Thane and things will be less awkward, I'm all for it.

 "No, I'm being sorted in Dumbledore's office before dinner," he said and I ignored the fact that Draco was avoiding me, walking right up to the two boys.

 "I have to go talk to Dumbledore, so I'll show you the way," I said and he nodded at me.

 "Why must you leave me?" Blaise asked dramatically and I laughed.

 "I was escorted to St. Mungo's about ten days ago, I think I need to go let them know I'm out," I said.

 "Trust me, he knows your out," Pansy snorted.

 "Yeah but they'll probably have to go over some things; they're considering her as a huge threat right now," Ariana said.

 "That's probably true seeing as he's her father," I said, and then was shushed.

 "People still don't know about that!" Ariana hissed and then Pansy, Ariana, and I started giggling.

 "You are all ridiculous," Blaise smiled.

 "Wait, Dumbledore sees me as a threat, too?" I asked and Ariana nodded solemnly.

 "He acted like he believed you were okay, but he really thinks something bad is happening to you, whether it has something to do with your father or not," she said.

 "Well I have to figure out how to control it, so we'll sneak into the Restricted Section sometime," I said and they all nodded, including Draco.

 "What exactly are you controlling?" Ariana asked as we climbed into a carriage with Crabbe and Goyle.

 "The Power of the Phoenix," I said, just as they yelled my name happily.

 "You're back!" Goyle smiled and I nodded.

 "Of course," I said, and they each hugged me.

 "Shut up," Ariana glared at them and then she looked over at me.

 "What is that?" she asked.

 "It's this weird power that almost no one has and it is basically the power of controlling fire," I shrugged.

 "Interesting," she nodded.

 "No one can supposedly beat her in a real duel," Pansy said.

 "I did," both Draco and Thane said at the same time.

 "You did?" Thane asked and Draco nodded.

 "It's easy to calm her down if you know the right thing to say," he shrugged.

 "Oh...I just pinned her," Thane smirked at me and I flipped him off.

 "I wasn't focused, I was extremely upset. Besides it wasn't a real duel," I said to both of them.

 "That and I don't think she really wanted to hurt either of you," Pansy said.

 "I watched her fight Thane and she was upset before fighting, so I don't think she really had it in her to fight. Once he wrestled her to the ground she was just emotionally drained; I could see that she just wanted to break down and cry," Pansy said.

 "Why exactly did you feel the need to pin her on the ground?" Draco raised his eyebrows.

 "Well I tried holding her to the wall until she fizzled out, but she just burnt me, so I had to pin her hands on the floor and make sure she couldn't kick me at the same time," he said.