Chapter 31- New Year's Eve

*Third Person POV*

Antonio had no idea that he would actually find someone in life that he cared about. Let alone did he picture himself with someone as amazing as Adrienne. 

They had just gotten back from a party, thrown by a friend of Antonio's. Antonio was a little buzzed from a glass or two of champagne but Adrienne was sober..learning from her incident in the Dominican Republic, to stick with her no drinking rule.

Antonio wasn't technically drunk, but Adrienne decided to drive to be on the safe side.

"Just make a right and we'll be on the road that leads to my place.", he told her. Being in the passengers side gave him the advantage of getting to admire the way the street lights illuminated Adrienne's face every now and then. She was too busy concentrating on the road to notice him.

She made the turn and they did make their way back to Antonio's, despite Adrienne not knowing her way around Manhattan too well.

"You make the cutest faces when you drive", said Antonio, as they got out the car.

He couldn't see it under the yellow tint of the lights in the parking lot but she was blushing. She never failed to blush when he gave her compliments. 

He pulled her close as they made their way inside. "Its cold. Gotta keep my girl warm.."; he used as an excuse even though it was probably one of the warmest nights they had had that winter.

Adrienne didn't protest. My girl. She liked the way he called her that. The combination of his arms around her and that thought warmed her up as they got inside.

"It's 12:55. We made it back just in time to watch the ball drop.", said Antonio switching the TV on.

They watched the sea of faces behind Ryan Seacrest anticipate the last few minutes of the year.

"Its funny. Ive lived in New York all my life and never once have I been to Times Square. It'd be a great place to take pictures, ya know?", said Adrienne.

"Well, why didn't you tell me that before? I wouldve taken you."

"Really?."

"Really. All I want is to see you happy."

They sat in a comfortable silence until it was down to the last minute before the ball dropped.

Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Three.

Two.

One.

It was officially 2013 (A/N yeah, I meant 2013.)

They both looked at eachother. Neither of them could think of a better way to start off the new year...except a kiss.

"Happy New Year, Adrienne.", Antonio said with a smile.

"Happy New Year.", said Adrienne before leaning in to gibe him another kiss.

** **

So, according to the press in DR, Adrienne was Prince Royce's personal assistant....and girlfriend.Shanelli had showed him the articles and pictures of them together, and Royce couldn't help but be pissed.

He know damn well that his "girlfriend" was out somewhere with Antonio. Was he bitter? Hell yeah, he was bitter. It seemed like everyone wanted them together except Adrienne. Did she not see it ? Well, it seemed like the press did.

Since him and Nelli were the only ones that new about the news so far, he decided to tell Omar about it. He was at a bar, ranting his drunken story to Omar.

Omar was listening, but he didn't really know what to say. He honestly just wanted Adrienne to be happy. He wasn't on Royce's or Antonio's side. 'I don't know, man. Seems like your stuck between a rock and a hard place.", he said truthfully as he downed the last of his beer.

Royce sighed as he looked up at the big screen TV over the bar. The ball in Times Square has jut dropped and here he was, kicking off 2013 drunk.

The bartender came over to where they were sitting. "Happy New Year's, fellas. Any resolutions?"

"To stop being so stupid. Stop dreaming of things that'll never happen." He paused. "To forget.", he said with a slur.

The bartender raised an eyebrow. "Alone on New Year's.", she asked. "I feel you."

"Pass me a shot." , he said with a nod. "....para poder olvidar." he added under his breath.

__________________________________________

whoops boring chapter sorry.

please vote and comment. ❤

love y'all