Chapter 9- This Is Bigger Than That

*Prince Royce's POV*

"You like her, bro. Admit it.", said Omar.

"Why would you even say that?", I asked, flustered.

"Royce, you've been coming here everyday since she started out here."

"And...?"

Omar gave me a "seriously?" type of look. "You don't even technically work here."

I stayed quiet. He was on to me.

"Mhmm. Thought so.", Said Omar with a smirk.

Antonio soon walked in, seeming like he was in a rush. He quickly gathered a few papers but he did so with a hint of satisfaction on his face.

"Hey Tony."

"Hey, Royce. 'Sup, Omar?"

Omar eyed him suspiciously. "You seem unusually happy."

Antonio stopped what he was doing and gave a bright smile. "She's a really good kisser, man."

What? My heart dropped a little. "And you know this how?", I asked calmly, trying to keep my cool.

He laughed a bit. "We might've made out a little."

Omar raised an eyebrow. "Really? Your not gonna, like, take advantage of her, are you?"

"That's as far as it went.", replied Antonio. "...Sadly."

I was at a loss for words. I didn't ever think in a million years that Adrienne would ever fall for a guy like Antonio. A piece of me hoped that he was lying. Once Antonio got the girl he wanted...i shook my head. I didn't want Adrienne to be with a guy like him. He had a reputation for being a smash then pass type of guy. A sort of heartbreaker.

"Well, I gotta go. I just came to sign in. Dre's got me doing some promotional work today, so I won't be here.", Stated Antonio.

"Alright, see ya.", Said Omar.

"Bye.", said Antonio with a wave as he gathered the rest of stuff and left.

I gave a loud, long sigh which caught Omar's attention.

"Yep. You like her."

I glared at him. "Just don't tell anyone."

"I got you, Royce. I'll go ask her if its true.", He said as if he read my mind.

*Adrienne POV*

"Alright, well I'm glad everything is still okay between us.", Antonio told me before he left. He grabbed his coat and gave me a quick kiss on the cheek.

Thank god he left before he could see me blushing. The things he did to me...

I decided to check the company e-mail. A few minutes later, Omar arrived in the lobby.

"Hey, Adrienne."

"Hey, Omar."

"So, uh... how was your little date night?"

I blushed, once again. "Oh... it was... good."

He nodded. "That's good to hear. You were careful, I hope. Remember what I told you about that guy..."

"Yeah, trust me. I mean, we kissed and all but I stopped it there. I can't be messing stuff up this time."

"I understand...", he said, trailing off. We heard the sound of the rec room door open and shut.

Prince Royce entered the lobby. "Hey, um, Omar do you know when Dre will-?", he stopped and flashed me a bright, dimpled smile. "Hi, Adrienne."

"Hey." I honestly still couldn't believe I was working with Prince Royce so much. I expected him to be way more busy. I was kinda glad I wasn't so obsessed with him anymore because if I was I probably would have died from excessive fan girling.

"Um, happy belated birthday.", He said. He seemed nervous. I had no idea why, though. If anything, I should've been the nervous one.

"Thank you."

"Yeah, no problem. But do you mind if I borrow Omar for a minute?", He asks uneasily.

"No, not at all.", I say. "Is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything is just fine.", He says as he ushers Omar back into the rec room.

But something tells me that everything is not fine. I just wasn't sure if I wanted to find out what it was or not.

*Prince Royce's POV*

I quickly shut the door.

"Que lo que, Royce?", Omar asked me, concerned.

"It's about Adrienne.", I told him.

"Oh...yeah, speaking of which, they did kiss."

Even though I wasn't happy with that at all, I had to address the issue at hand. "This is bigger than that."

"Damn, then this must be big.", concluded Omar.

I nodded.

"What is it...?"

"Well...", I didn't exactly know where to start. "Dre called me and... he wants Adrienne to be my personal assistant."

〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰〰

yep, I threw in yet another curveball.

do you guys think this will change the game plan at all?

please vote and comment.

love y'all 😘