Chapter 50- Epilogue

Adrienne would've never thought that her last day working for Royce would be so...well, sad. There was a longing in the air. So many things left unsaid...

"I'll take you to go drop off Marylin and then Ill drop you home, I guess.", said Royce, knowing this was probably the last time he'd ever get to say that.

Adrienne did no more than nod silently and give a halfhearted smile. She was scared of what she would say if she did  speak.

The thing is, a lot changed since that night in September. In a little more than than a year since, Royce had dropped his third album and was getting ready for the final show of his tour, Adrienne had completed photography school and was now set on a degree in business, her grandmother had gotten married to Javier...along with Richie and Veronica and Marylin had just started kindergarten. Everyone's lives were full of changes and milestones and accomplishment and yet, the Adrienne and Royce couldn't have been more miserable.

They had arrived at Marylin's school and it was only then that one of them broke the silence. It was only Adrienne saying "Ill be right back." and Royce replying with a nod.

Royce heard the car door close as she left and he couldn't help but feel like every time she wasn't near him, he was loosing her. Little by little until she was completely out of his life. He honestly couldn't imagine life without her. He couldn't say that he wouldn't be able to live without her, because he would, but she had become such a big part of his world in these last two years... he couldn't just let her go.

He thought of her words in the hotel room. The promising smile on her face when she said "I'll think about it". Well, over a year later and she was still thinking.  Today was the day, he figured. This was his chance. This time he would win her over. He wanted to win her over. But of course wanting wasnt the same thing as doing so he had to take action. It was now or never.

He saw Marylin and Adrienne approaching. Adrienne holding her daughters hand, listening to what she had to say with a smile on her face. If there was one thing that always made her smile, it was Marylin.

They made their way to the car and Adrienne was about to get in when her smile vanished. "Crap."

Royce looked over at her. "What's wrong?"

"The cards. Her emergency contact information." She retrieved a purple and yellow card from her purse. "I forgot to give these to her this morning. Would you mind watching her for like two minutes?", asked Adrienne with an apologetic look.

He shook his head. "Of course not. It's no problem."

"Thank you. I'll be back in a minute.", she said quickly before getting out of the car. Royce watched as she walked off. He was loosing her again.

"Do you love her?", a tiny voice snapped him out of his thoughts and he realized Marylin was talking to him.

"Who?"

"Mommy. Do you love her?", Marylin asked again.

"Your mom... she's special. I care a lot about her.", he finally said.

"But do you love her? You do." She answered her own question. Royce knew she was right. She went on. "You look at her like she's a princess. Are you gonna make her your princess?"

Royce laughed softly. "You know I'm not a real prince, right?"

She nodded. "I know. But you're Mommy's prince."

"Am I ?"

"Mhmm. Daddy tells me stories about how much Mommy loved you...when I was a baby. She would sing your songs and it made Daddy a little jealous because she would cal herself 'Princess Royce'.", she said with a giggle.