Chapter 33- Let Royce Go

**a few days later**

                 *Adrienne's POV*

I never liked fast food.

The second Antonio pulled into the parking lot of the Wendy's, I knew something was wrong.

"Are you happy, Adrienne?", he asked suddenly.

"What do you mean?"

"Like, happy with...us."

Us. The word hit me in the pit of my stomach. "Yeah...why?...Are you?", I dared to ask.

"Yeah...I-I mean, of course i am, who wuodnt be happy with you? It's just..."

"Just what?"

He sighed. "I'm starting to think we're getting the wrong things out of this relationship, if that makes any sense."

He must've seen the confusion on my face because he continued. "Like, are we together because we're happy or we're searching for happiness? I don't wanna sound like I'm thinking about this too hard though."

I understood what he was trying to say and I had to admit that he had a point. "So...you're saying that maybe we should, uh, take a break?" I asked slowly.

He nodded. "Its not you, Adrienne, I swear Its not either of us its just...I don't know. No hard feelings though, right?"

I shook my head and gave a weak smile. I knew these past few months had been too good to be true but he was right. I honestly didn't know what we were in this for.

He smiled too. "I hope you understand, Adrienne Just don't think that I don't care anymore." He started up the care. "I guess I should get to taking you home now."

                       * * *

               *Third Person POV*

"Listen, this isn't a goodbye forever, Adrienne. Its just a break. Anything could happen or change, okay? Don't beat yourself up."

"I understand. Its okay.", she lied. It wasn't okay.

"I'm sorry...you're just better off looking for a guy who makes you happier than I do."

Woah, didn't he say it didn't have to do with either of them ? Adrienne was beginning to become confused and something was telling her this wasn't "just to take a break". No, she could feel they were really breaking up. 

"Its okay.", she said again. It still wasn't okay.

"Remember, no hard feelings, Adrienne.", he leaned over to give her a hug, which she halfheartedly accepted. "I'll see you tomorrow at work."

Oh yeah, work. Because that wasn't going to be awkward at all.

Antonio sighed as he watched Adrienne get out the car and go inside. He wanted to roll down his window and call her back and tell her that he wasn't serious. They'd kiss and makeup and that would be a happy ending.

But Antonio knew that wouldn't happen. Adrienne's happy ending didn't include him.

He was really on the verge of running after her and apologizing, his hand was even on the car door, ready to get out, but he made the mistake of turning on his phone in hopes that Adrienne might call him or something. Wishful thinking.

He unlocked it, realizing he hasn't exited out of Instagram and what he saw made his heart drop.

Call it chance or whatever but his eyes landed on a picture of Adrienne and Royce, together, dancing. But, like too close together. It wasn't the "just a friendly dance with my boss" type of dance.