Chapter 16- Día de Accion de Gracias

*Adrienne's POV*

"Are we almost at bisabuela's house?", asked Marylin expectantly as I hit a red light.

"Almost.", I said with a smile. I had decided to

stay at my grandmother's house for Thanksgiving. I was inwardly extremely excited because I was getting really homesick. I just couldn't wait to see her.

After about a twenty minute drive, I was finally relieved to pull into the familiar apartment complex that I grew up in with my grandmother. Marylin must've recognized it too because her face spead into an eager smile.

I managed to find a parking lot that wasn't too crowded and got out the car. I got Marylin out of the car, grabbed our stuff and took her hand. It was nice to be with my family again. I couldn't think of a better way to spend my holiday than with the two people I cared about most in my life.

* * *

Ring.

I anxiously waited with Marylin as after I rang the doorbell. She squeezed my hand, showing she was just as excited as I was.

The door opened a few minutes later and I saw my grandma's bright eyes and kind smile. "Adrienne! Marylin! Don't be shy, guys. Gimme a hug.", she said as she pulled us in for a tight hug.

"OH MY  GOD, IS ADRIENNE HERE?!", I heard a familiar voice call. I smiled as I saw my best friend, Ermelinda, come into view.

"I called her over last minute.", said Abuela. "I know you were probably missing home a ton."

Ermelinda ran over and practically tackled me with a hug. "Oh my gosh,  I missed you so much. Like you have no idea, Adrienne. And you're gonna tell me everything about your job and-", she stopped short and saw Marylin. "Oh, and you brought Marylin?" She bent down to her level. "How you been, cutie?"

Marlyin giggled sweetly and buried her face in my coat.

"She is just the most precious thing.", said Erme, standing up. "Well, I guess we should get you guys situated. I'll just take your stuff up to your room. Ill be back in a bit." She quickly took up me and Marylin's stuff and left.

"That girl is just a bundle of sunshine.", commented Abuela with a slight laugh.

"I wouldn't have it anyother way.", I said happily.

Abuela sat down and motioned for Marylin to come sit on her lap. "So, how's life in Manhattan treating you? "

"Pretty good.", I said,  taking off my coat and hanging it up. "Me and Marylin are adjusting pretty well and the guys back at the office are really nice."

"Guys?", she asked curiously. "Just guys?"

I nodded.

She got a twinkle in her eye. "Bet you found yourself a guy already, didn't you?"

I looked down. "Well, not exactly-"

"Adrienne, you have to tell me how you've been.", said Ermelinda, coming down the stairs.

I shot my grandmother an apologetic look but she waved me off, signaling me to go. "Go on, after all, you girls haven't seen each other in a while.", she said with a smile. "Marylin and I will just stay here and finish up dinner."

I gave her a thankfull smile before going upstairs with Erme.

She excitedly sat down on my bed as soon as we got in my room. "So, spill. Tell me everything."

"Define everything."

She came me a "come on now" look. "Girl,  you're working at 2Strong... which just so happens to be affiliated with Prince Freaking Royce."