Chapter 38- Did You Ever Dream That It Could Be So Right?

"Wait, Adrienne.", said Royce suddenly. There was silence for a moment and all we heard were the 90's R&B jams that poured out of stereo in a corner of the room.

   That was the first time either of us had spoken in the last ten minutes, and I was suddenly back into reality. His hands were no longer making their way up my shirt and I wasn't focused on trying to undo his belt buckle. ("Careful, its Armani.", I remember him whispering in my ear. But like a 375 dollar belt was gonna keep me from him.)

"What?"

"This isn't the same."

"Same as what?"

"You know, last time."

I sighed. "What are you trying to say?"

"It's just that, that day, we didn't expect to do anything. We just did it... if that makes any sense."

"Should I leave then...?", I asked, confused. Wasn't he the one who wanted this in the first place?

"No, no, no.", he said quickly, taking my hand. "I didn't mean it like that. I was just making a point."

"And what exactly is your point, Mr. Rojas?"

"Well, you know. 'I'm not supposed to be doing this' versus 'I'm finally allowed to do this'."

"Okay..." I honestly didn't know where his was going with this.

He smirked. "I just wanted to let you know I'm happy that I'm finally allowed to do this." I was just about to ask what he meant before he turned his attention to kissing my neck.

"You do realize that there's no turning back now.", I warned him. He was kissing my neck, I mean, shit had to go down now. Just no. Stop. That's it, there's no escape. "You better not leave a hickey."

     He gave a laugh that sounded like a cross between "no promises" and "shut up, Adrienne and let me kiss you'. He stopped for a minute. How could he just leave me hanging like that? "If you really want it, I guess I'll let you touch the Armani...just this once." The corner of his mouth upturned a little. Royce trying to sound sexy was probably the cutest thing, well, not that he needed to try...

   I laughed. "Royce, your pants were coming off either way. I don't see why you feel like you need to give me permission to get it in."

"Little Miss Sassy over here isn't gonna get anything in with that attitude.", he said slyly. He was trying hard not to smile, I could tell.

"Ah, shut up.", I said pulling him back to me. "You know you want this as much as I do."

"I can't disagree with that." He brushed a curl of hair away from my face.

     We realized we were doing an awful lot of talking, for two people with so much sexual tension between them that it would take a butcher's knife to cut it all, so we cut to the chase.

  I heard the commercials on the radio station end and gave a smile as an old song I recognized started to play. The intro to Candy Rain by Soul 4 Real sounded throughout the room and it couldn't help but add another element to the mood.

Royce lifted my shirt off over my head and his eyes met mine. "You know, I love this song.", he said in a low voice.

I smiled. "I do too."

"Tell me what you want and I, and I will give it to you...", he sang along sweetly with the song as he gently laid me down. That's what I liked about Royce, he was gentle. That's when I realized that, even thought this wasn't necessarily my first time or anything, there was a lot riding on this.

My love, did you ever dream that it could be so right?

I never thought that I would find, all that I need in life.

All I want, all I need, now I know, I know I found it in you...

The song continued to play as Royce figured out all the right things to do to me. Well, it seemed like he already knew exactly to do, he was showing off a little on how good he was at doing it.

"You know,", I said a little breathlessly. "This doesn't have to be perfect."

"Nothing's ever gonna be perfect. Not even close. But you're pretty damn close so I may as well try to make you feel that way." He closed his eyes and brought his lips to my ear. His grip on me tightened a bit. "Shit. Adrienne, you're not perfect. That's what makes you so perfect.", he managed to whisper.

I wanted to tell him to stop making the simplest thing, like breathing, complicated. Hell, I couldn't even think straight.

The sound of his breath in my ear was sorta driving me crazy and don't even get me started on the feeling of his hands on my waist. I just felt happy, safe, loved. Soon the music was muted, everything was. I could only hear our breathing and the sound my heart made while I felt like it was about to beat out of my chest but I wouldn't have had it any other way. I just remember relaxing but yet my body was tense. Everything...it just...fireworks. That's the first word that comes to mind when I think back.

His lips eventually found mine and that night, he was the fire and I melted into him.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Yeah, i feel like that last line was sort of...okay... it was EXTREMELY corny.   Ah, well you can't win 'em all. 

You guys don't understand how much of a contrast there is to writing chapters like this to when you're in pyjamas, scarfing down a tub of ice cream after you've basically cleaned out your entire pantry...with your mouth. #NoLife   

The song Candy Rain has been posted along with this chapter. I'm a sucker for throwback jams. Plus, what better way to get it on than with some old-school nineties R&B playing in the background ? *wink wink*

please vote & comment for me ? :D

LOVE YALL :*