Chapter 45- Sin Corazon

It was a month later and I'd like to tell myself that I did a pretty good job of avoiding Royce. If he wanted to go out and party and hook up with random girls it was fine with me, as long as he didn't try and make me a part of it. He was moving on to bigger and better things I guess. Well, maybe not bigger or better but he was definitely able to move on faster than I could.

"Adrienne? Why are you here?", Antonio seemed shocked when he walked into 2Strong and saw me.

        I shrugged. "Why can't I be?"

 "Well, for one you should be at the airport with Royce right now.", he said with certainty in his voice.

        As much as I wanted to deny it, I knew he was right. Royce had to go to Miami to start filming for his new video and since I just happened to be part of Team Royce, I had to go too. I didn't want to but I was stuck between a rock and a hard place.

"You don't have to babysit me. I was gonna go."

        He gave me a looked that showed he wasn't convinced. "No you weren't."

        I sighed. "Listen, Antonio..."

"No, Adrienne. I know I'm probably not the best person to go to for advice, but I think you might actually need to listen to me for once. I'm not gonna let you stop living your life over a guy."

"What does it matter to you?", I questioned. "You're the one who broke up with me."

"It's not that simple."

"Well, I'm smart enough to follow along."

        He looked down for a minute. "Anyone would be lucky to have you, you know that right? I don't deserve you. I'm a jerk.", he said with a defeated laugh.

         I was confused. "What do you mean?"

        He shook his head.  "What I'm trying to say is that I would've ended up screwing you over at some point.'

"Like Royce didn't?"

"That's the thing though. Royce loves you."

"So, I'm guessing you never did...?"

        He sighed. " I couldn't tell you the first thing about love, though. Never felt it before. Most of the 'relationships' I've been in were just for sex to be honest. That's how you were at first. I'm not even gonna lie to you. But then I found out you were different. You were a girl who actually respected herself and you had a mind of your own. You weren't some dumb girl off the street. And I guess that scared me a little because I wasn't used to that. I didn't wanna hurt you. I care about you... a lot."

        I sat there silent for what seemed like forever. HIm pushing me away and all that was finally making sense now. He was trying to hint at me that I was better off without him.

"I'm one of those just hit it then quit it type of guys.", he said simply. "And I hate myself for not giving you the respect you deserve in the beginning but I'm not sure if I'll ever be ready for commitment. I don't think that's gonna change anytime soon. That's life I guess."

        I wasn't all to sure how to feel, "Thank you.", I said finally, giving him a sort of awkward hug.

        He looked confused . "For what?"

"Telling me the truth, I guess."

"It was overdue anyway.", he said with a weak smile. He looked over at the time. "You should get going now. You don't wanna miss your flight."

"I'm really sorry."

"If anyone's apologizing it should be me.", he said. "But when you get there could you do me a favor?'

"Sure.", I answered as I gathered my stuff.

"Tell him that I said thank you...and that he's a dumb ass but I still said thank you.  He'll know what I'm talking about."

     *Prince Royce's POV*

"Listen, Adrienne, it's me. I know that you hate me and all right now but I'm here at the airport and...well, you don't have to come in if you don't want to, alright? I'll understand."

        I sent the voice mail and looked out at the huge window in the waiting room. I watched as the planes left the terminal and knew my flight would be called soon.

        I heard the familiar sound of heels clicking in the distance over the sound of people rushing and talking and the wheels of suitcases rolling. Within minutes Adrienne was in front of me. Her hand was on her hip and she took her phone away from her ear and looked at me. "I know you fucked but what makes you think I wasn't gonna show?"

        I was speechless. I didn't know why exactly, I just wasn't fully convinced she'd actually turn up. Then I remembered that she was stubborn and determined. I knew how mad she was at me but I didn't realize the mistake I made that day until I woke up the next morning with a hangover.

"It's strictly business this time, Royce. I'm not doing this for you, I'm doing this for me.", she told me bluntly before making her way all the way to the other end of the waiting room. I just sat there looking like an idiot.

        I know it sounded cliche but she was cute when she was angry. She took charge when she needed to and I was beginning to remember that was one of the reasons I fell for her. Too bad I was dead to her now.

                  ________________     _____________      ______________

song for this chapter is "Sin Corazon" by DnE. I feel like this chapter coulda been better though.

pls vote & comment bbs <3 how do you think things are gonna unfold? I have it allll planned. about 5-10 chapters left for this story so make the most of it for me please. what has been your favorite chapter so far ?

love yall :*